Thursday, September 12, 2024

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once at 12:30, again at 5:30, finally giving/getting up at 6am.

It’s 9/11 again, never forget!

Teresa was soon out the door, first then taking her mother to get a proctoscopy/endoscopy then gym then her art class in the afternoon. I’m on my own for lunch but we’ll meet up at Eduardo Madrid around 5:30.

Oh, and Taylor Swift endorsed the Harris/Walz campaign last night.

I left the apt at 9am and completed my workout in Smartfit. When I came out I ran into Teresa with MT across the street. I understand they’ll go to MT’s apt then Teresa will go to her exercise class in Mayorca. I went to Ganso y Castor where I had a latte while going through my cellphone. I left at 11am and stopped in Ara and bought milk. There was only one person in line ahead of me but only one cashier. When it was her turn all of her items were checked and there was some type of discussion which took about 10 minutes. Finally, she finished and I bought 2 bags of milk for less than 8mil.

Anna Cramling, and her mother Pia, are playing in the chess Olympiad for Switzerland against Fiji. Their team won that round 4-0.

I left the apt at 12:15 and walked to the mall. I tried the ATM outside Exito but it just asked me to remove my card. I went into the mall proper and up to the 2nd floor where I withdrew 2,000,000 pesos. I paid our Claro bills and went back into Exito where I paid our epm utility bill. Back in the mall I had a BBQ beef sandwich with fries and a Coke at Only Roastbeef for 27,500 pesos.



Doesn’t this Coke look tiny to you? I started to leave and they had to call me back to pay. 😊  Previous times you paid when you ordered.

Downstairs in Urbania I had a latte while finishing my new chess book, Simple Chess. That’s just the first reading, I’ll soon be reading it again.

I left at 4pm and went into Exito to buy a few things but I had to ask for help. I couldn’t find a 9V battery so I asked where the batteries are and was told they’re by the cashiers. I checked a few areas and found the usual batteries but no 9-volt. I guess I’ll have to make a special trip to Home Center. I bought a large carton of eggs and a 12-pack of toilet paper and returned to the apt by taxi. My driver spoke English and when I asked how he learned he said he reads a lot.

I dropped off the groceries and walked to Eduardo Madrid where I had a latte while waiting for Teresa. She arrived by 5:15 (she said she found a shortcut to the bakery).

She had a latte and we shared a chicken sandwich.

Sitting on the other side of the room were a couple that transported me back to the 1950s where when a man went out, he would wear a suit. Notice his hat on the chair next to him although I don’t recall my father wearing a hat.



We left at 6pm and stopped in Ara where we bought a few things before returning to the apt.

ONEIPAMETATO1453 resigned our game increasing my rating to 1593.

I spent the rest of the evening switching between CNN and MSNBC.

 

FUNNY SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment