Friday, September 13, 2024

Thursday, September 12, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at midnight, again at 5am, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

I left the apt at 8:30 and when I stopped by the new café (still closed) a car, that I can only describe as a race car, came out of the back parking area. Of course, by the time I took out my phone and set it to the camera app, it was gone. I stopped at Pasteur pharmacy where I bought a box of 10 Tena Dia pads for 24,489 pesos ($6). I had a latte in Los Portenos for a couple hours. Teresa called and asked me to pick up broccoli in Ara on my way back to the apt. I left at 10:30 and Ara had broccoli but there was a long line and only one cashier so that was that.

Pia and Anna Cramling won their games and Sweden defeated New Zealand 3-1 in the Womens section of the Chess Olympiad.

Teresa said she’s meeting a friend named Monica she hasn’t seen in a long time at Santafe mall and she invited me to join them. They’ll shop and chat while I have coffee in Valentina’s.

It’s after lunch and we’re just waiting for her to call. It was 2pm when Teresa said if she doesn’t call by 3pm we’ll forget about it. She finally called at 2:30 and I had a Didi take us to Santafe mall. Teresa waited for her outside Zara while I headed to Valentina’s. I ordered a latte and a carrot cake which looks like this:



I started going through Simple Chess for a second time. I’m also losing against Troyclough with the black pieces but I might be able to hang on for a draw.

They arrived a couple hours later and we went to Crepes & Waffles where we had ice cream. I had the Suprema



And Teresa ordered the same while Monica had a waffle with ice cream.

We left about 6pm, said goodbye to Monica and we returned to the apt by taxi in heavy traffic.

I watched the first half of the Bills Dolphins game which seemed a little lopsided on the Dolphins side. I then switched to reading my novel before going to bed.


                                           FUNNY SIGNS

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment