Saturday, September 28, 2024

Friday, September 27, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

Teresa made breakfast of French toast with strawberries. 😊 She informed me I’ll be on my own for lunch as she has to take her mother to a 1:20pm doctor’s appointment.

She left at 8:15 for her gym class and I left at 8:30 for mine. I completed my usual workout in Smartfit then had a latte in Ganso y Castor. The restaurant had stenciled their name on the outside of the building:



I checked the tree and the peanut is gone. (Later I ordered more from Amazon plus special peanuts for squirrels that aren’t salted. And I made my Halloween order of 2 boxes of full size Baby Ruths for the trick or treaters.)

I read a recommendation for a Chinese restaurant in Laureles called Mama Panda so I think I’ll try it for lunch.

Workers across the way were putting up a side less tent:




When I left at 11am I saw they assembled another one nearby I hadn’t been able to see.

I left the apt at 12:45 and took a Didi to Mama Panda in Laureles. It turns out it’s in Mercado de Laureles which is just behind McDonald’s on Ave. Nutibara, a block from Parque Laureles #2. (A sign I saw on the expressway claimed 323 have died on this road this year.)



The owner Andrew introduced himself and explained that they are building a Jumbotron to go with their other large screen TVs. (That explained the hammering.)

The waitresses are cutely dressed like Chinese girls (or how they normally think they look).



The restaurant’s “story”:





I had the chicken breast with fried rice and a banana/strawberry smoothie:




Teresa called and asked me to meet them in an hour at Arkadia mall.

Towards the end of my meal a lightning storm came through and I had to move because drops were coming through the closed skylight.

By 2:30 the storm finally lessened and I ordered a Didi to take me to Arkadia mall.

I had a latte in Santa Leña while waiting for Teresa and MT to arrive, 30 minutes later.

We went up to the 4th floor and got a table in Crepes & Waffles. They both ordered lunch and I ordered a Banana Split but was told they don’t have ice cream that late in the afternoon so I had nothing. I showed Teresa the email from the US embassy notifying us that we could change our appointment to an earlier time but she wasn’t interested in doing that, which is fine with me. My brother sent me a screenshot where RCN Radio claims IKEA will open on October 9th.

We left at 4pm and took a taxi back to Envigado.

I’m nearing the end of my 1,000-page book so I purchased a couple more Kindle books on Amazon.

I watched the news for the rest of the evening.

 

FUNNY SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment