Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 5:30, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

I see the NIU Huskies are now ranked 25th in the nation.

I was planning on going to Viva Envigado to pay some bills but Teresa wanted me to join her for her doctor’s appointment.

We left the apt at 9am and took a Didi to Punto Clave (Calle 27 #46-70); I was surprised it came up on Didi. (It’s a small mall across Ave Las Vegas from Mercado del Rio.) We arrived 10 minutes early and I took a seat and was surprised when Teresa returned 2 minutes later. It turns out her appointment is next month 10-09 not 09-10. We took a taxi to Santafe mall and had lattes in Valentina café. She was hungry (didn’t she eat breakfast?) so she ordered a croissant ham sandwich and expected me to eat half of it which I did. I waited in the café while she checked out Zara. She returned about an hour later and said they have nothing new and they still don’t know when their El Tesoro location is going to reopen. We spent some time discussing our options for lunch and in the end decided we’d first return to the apt.

I had other suggestion but eventually gave in and we took a Didi to Viejo John in Sabaneta. The driver, Miguel, spoke good English (in fact, he had a business card visible that he teaches English. He was in the US Marine Corp and spent 6 years in Texas and 4 years in California.)

We waited about 20 minutes in line before being seated. 




I explained to Teresa I wasn’t really hungry. I’m good eating breakfast, lunch and supper but when she throws in snacks like the croissant sandwich then I don’t have an appetite for the next meal.

She ordered a posta plate for me 



and some type of fish for herself and I ate about half of mine. We walked a couple blocks to a taxi stand where we got right into a taxi which returned us to our apt.

I soon left and had a latte in Eduardo Madrid waiting for my bagels to come out. I left about 5pm and returned to the apt.

Teresa is darning my half dozen or so socks that have holes in them. She said she got a lesson from MT – she puts an apple inside to the end of the sock which gives her a workable surface to repair.

I watched the Presidential Debate. Trump is an embarrassment and the sooner he goes away the better off America, and the Republican party, will be.

My opinion…Of course it’s my opinion, it’s my blog…Donald John (Baron) Trump is grossly incompetent as a president. The alternative, which is too scary to consider, is he’s a traitor. After he loses the November 5th election (bigly) his trials will continue and he'll go to jail. Forty years, out in twenty with good behavior, ought to send a message to future Presidents of the United States that actions have consequences.

 

FUNNY SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment