Saturday, December 19, 2015

Friday, December 18th, 2015



I fell asleep quickly, getting up once at 3am, again about 6:30, finally waking/getting up at 9am.

Among new US movie releases I want to see, and will see today, Star Wars: The Force Awakens (8.9).  I can’t imagine any other movie seriously trying to compete with this force (pun intended).

We left the finca at 12:15 just as it started raining so we each brought an umbrella.  We got past the killer dogs undetected and were on a bus after a 10 minute wait.  Shortly thereafter the rain stopped.  A man got on the bus selling purses.  They appeared hand made and were a little smaller than my Tech bag.  After that man got off another got on selling something which I understood was for your health.  I took one and I understood from the cover it’s a basic extract of Cocaine and Marajuana plus a few other ingredients.  It felt like there was a small can in the bag.  The young lady sitting next to me bought one and opened a can about the size of shoe polish and the inside looked about the same consistency.  She smelled it a few times and closed it up.  A couple minutes later she took a few more sniffs.  Then she took some out with her finger and wiped it on her forehead above her eyebrows.  Teresa got us off the bus just short of the Poblado metro station with the hope it would be easier to catch a taxi.  Luckily it wasn't raining and we were on a taxi after a 2 minute wait.  We got to the mall at 1:30.  We wanted to eat at Frisby but the line was too long so we had the chicken teriyaki at Sarku’s.  

At the theater 10 minutes before show time we took escalators up to the 4th floor and it was obviously Premier Seating that reminded me of Muvico in Rosemont, Illinois.  They had a menu that besides the usual popcorn and soda included ribs, fish, etc.  I bought a medium popcorn for 11mil and a large Coke for 6,900 pesos (about $6 total).  In the theater there was plush seating that reclined with a movable TV tray attached and lots of legroom.  Someone could easily walk past without coming near you.  There was only one other couple in the theater.  It was in 3D but there didn’t appear to be any cheap exploitation of it.  I would give Star Wars: The Force Awakens 4 ½ stars out of 5 because for me the ending was too similar to another Star Wars episode.

While I made a trip to the restroom Teresa went into Bon Bonite.  I guess she really wanted it because she put 50mil down on a fancy 316,900 purse with the balance due next month.  She told me she can buy anything in the mall with her Cedula and pay for it later.  I told her she’s dangerous.
We stopped in Carulla where once again the only salsa they had was mild.  We picked up some groundbeef, hamburger buns, and a Pepsi for my Sunday game.  Teresa stopped at the pharmacy where she bought some face cream that she’s bought before.

We took a taxi down to the highway and were on a bus back to the finca after a 5 minute wait.  It took 50 minutes to return because of slow heavy traffic.  It was misting a bit as we got off the bus.  We used our umbrellas and I didn’t even turn my flashlight off and we got past the killer dogs undetected.

We got back just in time (7:25) to see the new Miss Colombia crowned.  Keep in mind this is now about 2 hours after we bought the meat.  I always remind her to put it in the refrigerator right away.

Teresa’s friend Ana Maria keeps calling but Teresa doesn’t want to answer because Ana wants to borrow 2 million pesos for her hat business.  She's afraid Ana wouldn't be able to pay it back.  I told her that’s not to worry because I don’t have 2,000,000 pesos.

Teresa talked to James and I understand he’s coming early tomorrow to finish the kitchen.  I just hope we’re not sitting here all day waiting for him.
Teresa talked to Walter and I understand now we’re taking Peluche to a clinic in Caldas tomorrow afternoon because it’s cheaper.

I watched Jobs (5.9) starring Ashton Kutcher from 10pm to midnight.  Teresa informed me that we've already seen it together.  I didn't care, I stayed up to watch it and she went to bed about 11pm.

I took 2 sleeping pills at 11:45 and went to bed at midnight.

T-shirt of the day: Never stop, always be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment