Monday, December 21, 2015

Sunday, December 20th, 2015



I fell asleep quickly only getting up once at 6:30am.   That in itself is a good night’s sleep.  I fell asleep again finally waking at 9am and getting up at 9:30.

Teresa showed me a red headed woodpecker out back behind the finca.  It looks more like Woody the Woodpecker than those we have in the States because of its red crown in back.

Well, my Bears game isn’t on Direct TV today so I hope to see it on my Slingbox and I hope the weather stays dry long enough to see the game.  Actually, the rainy season shouldn’t start again until May when it’s almost as wet as October.

Just before 1pm (eastern time) in Mozilla Firefox when I tried going into Slingbox I got the message “A new SlingPlayer Web Plug-in is available”.  There are 2 options: “I DO NOT ACCEPT” and “I ACCEPT”.  When I click on the first option it just brings me back to the same message.  When I click on the second option I get a message “Firefox prevented this site from asking you to install software on your computer.”  If I select “Allow” I receive the message:  “The add-on downloaded from this site could not be installed because it appears to be corrupt.”

I tried Internet Explorer but never got past “loading”.

I had more luck with Slingplayer on my iPad.  At least I was able to get a connection.

Watching the first half was hit or miss, more miss than hit.  The 2nd half was better, meaning I was able to see more of the game.

At 2:15, just before halftime it started raining but it only lasted about 10 minutes.

At halftime it was Vikings 17 Chicago Bears 7.

In the 2nd half again I had trouble getting a connection.  Finally I “stirred the tanks” meaning I disconnected and reconnected the router and it started working again.  After that my connection problems were minimal.

The final was Minnesota Vikings 38 Chicago Bears 17.

At 4pm it started raining but only lasted for about 20 minutes.

Wow, Miss Colombia won the Miss Universe pageant – that’s two years in a row.  What? Are you kidding me?  The emcee made a mistake and Miss Philippines is Miss Universe.  Wow!  At least here on Direct TV they showed a continous loop of them taking the crown from Miss Colombia and putting it on Miss Philippines – I counted 15 times in succession.
I finished watching Blade Runner: The Final Cut (8.2). 

I took 2 sleeping pills at 10:45 and we went to bed at 11:15.

T-shirt of the day: Keep calm and kill zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment