Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Monday, December 7th, 2015



I’m not sure it’s appropriate to say Happy Pearl Harbor Day but you know what I mean.

According to my book Colombia: Customs & Culture “December 7-8 is Dia de Las Velitas (Day of the Candles) the Colombian celebration of the feast of the Immaculate Conception and is the unofficial start of the Christmas season.  On the night of December 7 Colombians join in processions through town carrying candlelit paper lanterns, then, in honor of the Virgin place their glowing lanterns in their windows when they get home; or, people carry luminous paper lanterns to neighborhood parks, where they are left to light up the night.”  Last year I recall that we spent the entire night of December 7th at Vickie’s so we’ll see what happens this year.

I received an email from MBE that my new Nook is available for pickup in Medellin.  Yay!  The Nook plus cover weigh (0.59kg + 0.03kg) or 0.62kg so we’ll see how much extra that costs me.

I was taking my shower when suddenly the water flow decreased and turned cold.  I got out and yelled to Teresa.  She was washing some of my shirts in the laundry room and thus diverting the water flow.  She turned it off and I continued with my shower after I got it back to a decent temperature.

In the news this morning (Today show & Noticias Caracol) was the fact that the Spanish Galleon San Jose has been found with an estimated $3 billion in treasure.  Now come the claims for it between who it belonged to (Spain), who found it (US) and whose territory it was found on (Colombia).  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-06/spanish-galleon-san-jose-found-with-3-billion-of-treasure/7005266

At noon it was 70 degrees on the porch of the finca.

Well, two weeks later and I’m 65% of the way to my next title in Chess Magnet School.  The puzzles are getting to be very difficult to solve.
Laura works next on Wednesday.

At 2:30 we heard thunder so we brought in the wash from the line.  Ten minutes later it started raining.  It stopped about 20 minutes later.
I don’t know if it will stay there but the Colombian Peso passed above 3,300 per USD.

Laura came back at 4:45 and starting telling us stories:  She served 4 Americans and thought the woman with them was Colombian because she had dark hair and eyes but she didn’t even understand Spanish.  She served 2 Germans but the only Spanish they knew was gracias and they didn’t speak English.  I told her to just serve them sausage and they’ll be happy.  Lol.  She reported there were lots of gringos.

Teresa asked me if I'd like to go to Vicky's tonight.  Not really.

I watched Walt before Mickey (7.0) on Netflix.

For the first time Teresa sat down with me to watch an episode of Fargo (Season 2, episode 8) and enjoyed it so much she asked why I didn’t tell her about it.  Actually, I did a number of times.

I took 2 sleeping pills at 11pm and we went to bed at 11:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment