Sunday, December 6, 2015

Saturday, December 5th, 2015



I fell asleep quickly and didn’t wake/get up until 6am.  After a trip to the bathroom I took an Excedrin and went back to bed.  At 6:15 I heard the dogs going crazy which usually indicates someone has arrived.  Teresa opened the window and told a man he could cut the garden.  I understand his name sounds like choocha.  We have that done every other month.  Now I just have to be careful I don’t get a lot of bites from insects flying around.  I fell back asleep and didn’t wake/get up until 9am.

This morning started as a sunny, comfortable 70 degrees.

About 1pm Laura finally reported in.  She didn’t get a chance to sit down all night but time went quickly because she was so busy; served about 15 people at a time (probably 4-5 tables); was complimented more than once about being pretty.  The boss said he was happy with her service.  There were lots of people, lot of gringos.  There was a line outside in the street waiting for a table.  She got lots of tips but I understand she only receives them twice a month – the 15th and 30th of the month.  Tonight she works from 4pm to 5am.  So far she’s very happy!

I put Peter in the shed so Teresa could water the plants undisturbed.
I tried tightening the shower handle but the screw didn’t seem loose so I don’t know if that’s going to help at all.

That didn’t take long.  I have 3 new bites on my arms.  I’m not sure if its because the garden is being cut or right now Teresa is out watering the plants.

Today I did a timing and it took about 4 ½ hours to fully recharge my iPad.
I made waffles for a late 3pm lunch.  After the heavy lunch we took a nap for about an hour and a half.

From my list of hard drive films I skipped American Reunion because I had just seen it earlier in the year, American Grafitti because I’ve seen it so many times so I watched And the Band Played On because I haven’t seen it in a while.  Oops.  I thought this was the movie about the sinking of the Titanic.  I’m actually glad it turned out to be something new (7.8) that I haven’t seen.  The only problem is every time Teresa turns the TV on or off I lose my movie and have to start over again and reset it to the elapsed time.
At 6:45pm I heard some fireworks and at 7:30 I heard some thunder but no rain.

I started watching Angel Heart (7.3).

I took 2 sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed at 11:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment