Saturday, December 5, 2015

Friday, December 4th, 2015



I’d like to wish a happy birthday to my daughter Jeannie who turned 27 today.

I slept well only waking when the alarm went off at 7am.  Teresa begged for a few more minutes and I finally got up at 7:15.

I’m having trouble getting hot water from the shower the last few mornings.  I’m not sure if it’s the shower head or the shower handle that is at fault.

Teresa called Walter and made arrangements to have us picked up at 9:30.  We left the finca at 9:25.  We got past the killer dogs undetected.  It was a cool overcast morning; it almost felt cold.  On the way down the hill I was surprised to find Guillermo’s puppy following me and I gave him a dog biscuit.  I certainly want to stay friends with him for when he gets bigger.
After 5 minutes Walter picked us up but I understood he couldn’t take us to Caldas so he dropped us off at the junction (highway, Caldas, Santa Barbara).  We walked a block to the policeman’s tent and after a 10 minute wait were on a bus to Envigado.  A taxi dropped us off at Carbón de Leña where Laura was waiting for us.  I had a cup of coffee while Teresa had breakfast.

Laura told us the name of the restaurant/lounge is Triada.  Here is a link:

It looks like a big place.  When Teresa saw it she commented that she doesn’t think Laura will be capable enough for such a large sophisticated place.

When we left they went to Nueva eps and I stopped at the ATM and withdrew a little cash and then headed to the park.

I saw two men playing chess, one obviously stronger than the other.  The stronger man won and in their 2nd game, just before I saw it was ending I asked the stronger man if I could play him.  

I had the black pieces and pushed him all over the place with an obvious win until I overlooked something obvious and he took my queen.  I’ve been doing that too much lately.  In the 2nd game with the white pieces I played my usual opening for the 1st few moves and again had a pretty clear advantage when I allowed him to fork my king and rook and still was able to hang on a while until I made yet another mistake and lost for the second time; so much for my being undefeated at the park.

By then Teresa was sitting across from me by another planter.  I went over to her and she told me Laura had left her shoes or something somewhere and she was trying to find them.

I started playing with a young man I had played last time and I beat him pretty easily in the first game.  In the second game again I blundered and he beat me.

By then Laura had returned with her shoes and we went over to Carbón de Leña where I had chicken, salad, rice, fries, and mango juice.  I asked Teresa if I have a urologist appointment now and she told me they will call her.  What?  I don’t think I’ll ever understand this system.

We said good luck to Laura and headed over to Exito where we picked up arepas, ham, eggs, and a Pepsi for my Bears game on Sunday.

We took a taxi to the highway where we saw a Tratam bus ahead of us and we motioned to the driver to wait for us.  We soon were on an express bus back to the finca.

Walking past Guillermo’s house the black dog came out, tail wagging, no barking, no aggressiveness and I gave him a dog biscuit.  He’s learning!  No sign of the boxweiler or puppy.

We got back to the finca at 3:15.

I received an email from MBE that the cover for my new Nook has arrived in Medellin.  The Nook itself shouldn’t be far behind.

This week the Colombian Peso closed at 3,192 to the USD.

My brother sent me an email reminder that tonight at 7pm on ESPN 2 is the MAC championship game between Bowling Green and my NIU Huskies.
On television the news said there will be 16 victims of the serial killer they call the Monster of Monserrate.

I watched the MAC championship on my Slingbox and for a change I had really good reception (audio and video) but my Huskies lost to Bowling Green 34-14.

I took 2 sleeping pills at 10:45 and went to bed at 11:30.

T-shirt of the day: I’m not in the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment