Thursday, December 10, 2015

Wednesday, December 9th, 2015



I fell asleep quickly and only got up once about 4:30am, finally waking/getting up at 8:45.

I still haven’t heard from the coin shop in the US leading me even more to believe that the bill is a fake.  The unusual thing is that it’s in such poor condition you wouldn’t think something fake would have been handled so much.

I called Barnes & Noble and learned the problem with my order is I can’t use my son’s B&N gift card outside of the US.  

I guess because we’re going to be shopping for clothes for me today Teresa had me dress up a little bit, in my most uncomfortable shoes and without my fanny pack or tech bag.

We left the finca at 1pm and were met by the killer dogs.  I gave each of them a dog biscuit and then held out my hand for them to sniff.  The boxweiler did but the black dog didn’t want to approach.

We saw Don Carlos and the other guy whose name I forget – choochas? – cleaning brush away from the sideroad – hopefully because they are going to be doing more repairs soon.

We only had to wait a couple minutes for a bus to El Poblado.  We had to waiter longer for a taxi from there to El Tesoro.  We stopped first at MBE.  Teresa got the taxi driver to wait for me at Parque Poblado and she called ahead so they would have my package waiting for me.  I ran in and they had one package ready and they got the other one quickly.  I had to pay another 48,400 ($16) for my 0.68kg packages.  I ran back outside and got back in the taxi.

When we got to El Tesoro I tipped the driver the remainder of the 10mil I gave him for the trip – a little more than 2mil.  I think I was only gone about 3 minutes.

We were at Torre Medica in El Tesoro 45 minutes before Teresa’s appointment and Teresa said she was hungry.  We headed towards Frisby but on the way Teresa decided we didn’t have enough time so we retraced our steps and we each had a quiche and juice at O-Cake for 21mil.
After her appointment I made an appointment for a teeth cleaning for myself for next Tuesday, December 15th at 2pm.  We got another appointment for Teresa for Friday, December 18th at 11:30am.  The timing of that appointment is interesting because it’s the opening day for Star Wars VII so maybe we can see it at El Tesoro after her appointment.

Teresa did some shopping for about an hour in Zara and finally found a blouse for 50mil.  One thing I really dislike is shopping – doesn’t matter if it’s for me or for someone else; I’m just bored to death; today was worse than usual because I didn’t have a book with me.  Then we stopped in Arturo Calle where we found 3 shirts and a pair of khakis for me for 302,200 (about $92).  Since neither of us were very hungry we stopped at J&C Delicias where I had a small lasagna and Teresa had a surf & turf arepa with juices for 46,100 (including tip).  (In larger/nicer restaurants they do have tipping but they ask you if you want to include it in your bill.)

We had to wait about 20 minutes for a taxi down to the highway and another 20 minutes for a bus back to the finca.  It was a clear cool night so it wasn’t easy to overheat on the way up the hill.  On the way down, with my flashlight turned off, we got past the killer dogs undetected.  Teresa, as usual, was walking ahead of me and I heard some commotion and she told me that there was some kind of animal in her path.  She mentioned that it could kill dogs.  (Later in the finca I asked her for the name of the animal and she wrote “chucha” into my translator app which translated that to “fuck”.  We both had a good laugh about that when I told her.)
We got back to the finca at 8pm.

This is the answer I received today from the coin collector.  This bill is FAKE.  It is like the kind used in movies.  No value.

T-shirt of the day: Free screaming around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment