Monday, December 14, 2015

Saturday, December 12th, 2015



I fell asleep rather quickly only waking up when the dogs made a commotion at 4:20 in the morning.  I fell back asleep finally waking/getting up at 9am.

I had a scare this morning.  After coming out of the shower I saw a single spot of blood on my robe that I had sitting on the toilet and 3 other drops on the floor.  I checked myself and couldn’t see where the blood came from.  I called Teresa in to check my backside and finally I saw I had a cut on one of my testicles.  How did that happen?  I have no idea.  Strange.  There was already some blood in my undershorts so I just put some toilet paper on it to absorb it.  Sorry for the TMI.

Teresa cooked some chicken for Peluche, who seemed to be perkier this morning, and he drank the broth and then ate the chicken with gusto.  Then his eyes seemed to say “please, can I have some more?”.

Choochoo, or whatever his name is, is here this morning cutting plants nearby the finca and I’ve already got several new bites on my arms and one on my cheek.

The close for the week was 3,319 COP to the USD; as far back as my app can see (2007) it’s an all time high.

Jhon Berrio called and basically invited himself to visit the finca in one of the coming weekends.  This weekend he’s visiting his “girlfriend” in Bogota.  Probably be best on a weekend when Laura isn’t here.  I’ll have to get him to promise not to smoke in the finca.

Teresa and I took a nap from about 3pm to 4pm.

Teresa made more chicken for Peluche and he ate it greedily.  We’ve decided not to put Peluche to sleep as long as he is otherwise healthy.  I understand we’re going to take him to a vet in Caldas or Envigado for a second opinion regarding his leg.

I made waffles for Teresa and I for dinner but what I don’t understand is I made the mix the same way that usually makes 7-8 waffle sections and this time it only made 4.  Go figure.

I skipped watching Bachelor Party (6.3) even though it stars Tom Hanks and instead watched Bad Lieutenant (7.1).  Bad lieutenant, bad movie.

I took 2 sleeping pills at 10:45 and went to bed at 11:30pm.

T-shirt of the day: It’s our party we can do what we want.

1 comment: