Thursday, December 3, 2015

Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015



I slept pretty well despite getting up twice during the night.
Teresa got up about 7:15 and I followed about 7:45.

Teresa couldn’t find the cell phone and we ended up leaving the finca without it about 1:10.  The killer dogs came out and I gave each of them a dog biscuit.  We waited 15 minutes for a bus to show up.  At the Poblado station we took a taxi to El Tesoro.

We got there 35 minutes early and Teresa was hungry so we stopped at O-Cake where she had a 3 cheese quiche and I a mango juice.

I left her in the dentist’s office and went into the mall where I took out a little cash then stopped at FotoJapon to print the photos my brother had sent of me when I was very young.  The young man working there was busy with customers but I saw a Kodak machine like I had used in Walgreen’s.  It let me switch to English, I inserted my flash drive, was able to request to have a print made of each of the 4 photos and was told to come back in an hour.

Back at the dentist’s office we made our last teeth whitening appointment for next Wednesday at 3pm.  I gave the doctor my old National Geographic that I had finished.  He thanked me and told me it would be good practice for his kids.

We stopped in Crepes & Waffles where Teresa had a Mexican crepe and I had a waffle with ice cream.

At 4:30 we left El Tesoro and quickly caught a taxi to the highway.  After a 10 minute wait we were on a Fredonia bus back to the finca.  Unfortunately it stopped in Caldas for 15 minutes before continuing on to the sideroad.
The killer dogs came out just as we were passing Guillermo’s house.  I only had half a dog biscuit left so I tossed it towards them and I think the Boxweiler got it and the black dog just stood there.  We’ll see what happens tomorrow morning when I don’t have any dog biscuits for them.  We got back to the finca at 6:20 just before it got completely dark.

I finally received a reply from A Foreign Affair and they will have to send me a check.  I will cosign it and give it to my brother to cash when he gets back in the States.

I have to remember to start renewing my Pensionado Visa next week.   Tomorrow we are going to a clinic near the Hospital metro station in Medellin.

In Chess Magnet School I am 61% towards the next level.

Laura filled out both sides of a form that I understood is an application for a waitress job in Parque Lleras.

I took 2 sleeping pills at 10:30 and we went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Til the clock says 00:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment