Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Tuesday, December 15th, 2015




It started raining around midnight and it came down so hard I got up and unplugged everything.  While I was up I took another sleeping pill.

I got up once about 6am finally waking/getting up at 9:15.

At 11pm it was 66 degrees outside the finca – in the shade.

Teresa wanted me to dress up a little again so today I put on my new slacks and found … wait for it … there is no zipper, only buttons.  If I wanted to button my fly I’d have joined the navy.  Sorry, Dad!

We left the finca at 12:25 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  We only had to wait a couple minutes for a bus to El Poblado but we had to wait about 10 minutes for a taxi.  We got to El Tesoro about 25 minutes early.  First we stopped at an ATM then Teresa went shopping at Zara while I went up to the dentist’s office.  I was about 10 minutes early and Dr. Franco was about 10 minutes late.  I got a thorough teeth cleaning in about 45 minutes and it cost 140mil (about $42).

I met Teresa at Zara and after more shopping she finally decided to exchange her blouse for another blouse and slacks for another 120mil.  (Back at the finca she tried them on and we were both happy with how they looked.)

We had lunch at J&C Delicias again.  Teresa had an arepa with chicken and I tried their fettuccine alfredo which I found to be pretty good.

Back at the finca I had coached Teresa on what I wanted so when we got to Cinemark she knew what was going on.  With some struggle with her and the non English speaking cashier I managed to purchase 2 tickets to the 2:35 Friday showing of Star Wars for 71mil.  Wow, $22 is about what I would pay in the States to see a movie.  It’s a little expensive but it is a premiere with weekend prices.  I think the movie will be worth it.  The ticket says 3D but I’m still not sure that’s our screening.  Teresa told me she doesn’t want to wear 3D glasses but if it’s a 3D movie she’s going to have to or nothing will be clear and she may even get a headache.

After a short wait we were on a taxi to the Poblado station where we quickly were on a bus back to the finca.  Traffic was heavy but at least it was moving and the trip took slightly more than an hour.  We got past the killer dogs undetected.

I took 2 sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Ready to ride.

1 comment:

  1. Here in Europe pants with bottons are more expensive tha with zipper. They are considered fancier ( at least where i live).

    ReplyDelete