Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Monday, December 21st, 2015



It took a little while to fall asleep, I got up at 3:45, again at 6:30, finally waking/getting up at 9am.

Teresa called Martha’s office and then told me we have an appointment in her office tomorrow at 11am and then we go to Immigration to get my new Cedula.  Martha called back a few minutes later and informed Teresa that the appointment was for someone else so I don’t know what’s happening.
We left the finca at 1:05 and the killer dogs came out to greet us as we walked past Guillermo’s.  The black dog seemed to chase one of the other dogs away.  I gave each of them a dog biscuit and the black dog followed us up the hill.  Someone had dumped some garbage (broken tiles, rocks, and dirt) on the sideroad.  I don’t think that’s going to make it easier for cars to get through.  We were on a bus after a 5 minute wait.  The north side of the bridge appears to be finished (meaning connected to the highway) and no one was working on or near it.

The bus had air conditioning, Teresa got the last real seat, and I sat on a jump seat that folded down near the front door.

We were in El Tesoro 50 minutes early so once again we stopped at J&C Delicias for lunch.  The dentist’s office called and told us we could come a little early and Teresa told them we will probably be a little late.  I had the fettucine Alfredo with chicken but there was so much chicken I couldn’t finish it all.  Teresa had the Peru surf & turf arepa and we each had a mango juice (actually Teresa had 2) for 54,300 (about $18) including tax and tip.  The restaurant had a TV and of course the big news was Miss Colombia losing her Miss Universe title.  Teresa informed me that Miss Colombia was a happy Miss Universe for 4 minutes and 20 seconds.  Teresa talked to Laura and to answer my question I learned that she even has to work on Christmas day.

We waited about 45 minutes for Teresa’s turn at the dentist.  After about 20 minutes she was done.  We have another appointment for next Wednesday the 30th at 2pm.

We stopped in Carulla where we picked up hot dogs, hot dog buns, arepas, a loaf of bread, rice and a couple other things for about 54mil.
We had to wait about 15 minutes for a taxi to the Poblado station and another 10 minutes for an express bus.

When we got off the bus there was a nice ¾ moon fairly high in the sky.  That was good because it would soon be dark.  Coming up the top of the hill we could see the black dog waiting for us.  After we got through the fence I gave it a dog biscuit.  The German shepherd heard us and made a commotion and the boxweiler came out and I gave it one.  When the other dogs start to bark and give us a hard time then the black dog and boxweiler tend to join in.

We got back to the finca by 6:30.

At 10pm we watched Episode 10, Season 2 of Fargo.

I took 2 sleeping pills at 10:30 and we went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: I lost my temper but it came back suddenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment