Saturday, September 24, 2016

Friday, September 23rd, 2016

Among this week’s new movie releases I would like to see The Magnificent Seven (7.2), Queen of Katwe (6.7) and, I’m a little late choosing this one, Southside With You (6.7).  Locally, The Magnificent Seven (7.2) is playing at Oviedo (2pm) and Santafe (5:10pm).

At the health club I figured out it’s to my advantage to work on the weight machines while most of the ladies are in the noon exercise class and then 5 minutes before they finish switch to my favorite treadmill.  I was still there for more than 90 minutes today.

After lunch I took a 90 minute nap; I was exhausted.

I found the website for the Federal Benefits Unit of the US Embassy in Bogota, Colombiahttps://bogota.usembassy.gov/service/federal-benefits.html  I asked Teresa if her mother already has a SS card.  She called her and she came over.  I understand she has a card but doesn’t have her number memorized so she’ll have to look through some papers for it.  To be continued!

I received an email from Cook County Elections informing me how to vote in the General Election.  I have to mail my vote back postmarked by November 8th and it must be received by November 22nd.  I’d better get started on that!

The ladies accompanied mother Teresa back to her apartment and came back with 4 bags of clothes.  Most still had the price tags on them.  Teresa asked me why they were so inexpensive – like $10.  I told her that’s because no one else wanted to buy them so they lowered the price until they sold it.
They gave me an envelope with MT’s (mother Teresa) papers; hopefully I can find some SS information in there but I’m going to wait until tomorrow to go through it.

I finished Ken Follett’s Night over Water and downloaded Bill O’Reilly’s Killing the Rising Sun: How America Vanquished World War II Japan.


T-shirt of the day: The endless summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment