Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Saturday, September 10th, 2016



The Colombian Peso closed at 2,919 to the Dollar.

I walked a few blocks to $efecty where I paid this month’s Une bill.

I left the apt at 12:15 to meet my son for lunch at Parque Envigado.  He arrived right at 12:30 and since he’s eaten at Carbón de Leña before we walked a block further to Morisko’s.  I had a bowl of cream of onion soup, a hamburger and strawberry juice and he had a pizza and 2 pineapple juices.  The total bill came to 56,800 including tip.  After I made a trip to the restroom he made his trip.  While he was gone a young waitress stopped at our table to clean up.  I tried talking to her in my broken English and she learned that I live in Envigado but my son is just visiting.  She said he’s handsome and asked if he’s married.  I said “no” just as he returned to the table.

Jim had to print out his boarding pass but he couldn’t do it before 2:15 – 24 hours before his flight.  We walked a couple blocks away to La Vaquita where I picked up some eggs, sugar, cooking oil, mustard and sandwich ham.  We were still a little early but I took him to 4 different places where I thought he might be able to log on to the internet and print his pass but they were all closed.  

Back at the apt we all had something to drink and then took a nap.  We then walked down to Exito but weren’t able to print his pass in the copy center.  Laura finally suggested we go to her school where we were lucky to find Marco and he helped Jim to print out the pass.  Back at the apt we watched The Big Short (7.8) on Netflix.

Then we had to say goodbye to Jim and he caught a taxi back to the hostel.  Tomorrow he’ll leave about 10:30 or 11am for the airport and a Spirit flight to Fort Lauderdale and then Chicago.  Hopefully I’ll see him again next year for his annual vacation.

T-shirt of the day: I am not a unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment