Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Sunday, September 11th, 2016



Well, it’s finally here.  

First, today is the 15th anniversary of 9/11.  I remember sitting in my cubicle in Schaumburg, IL and hearing reports of a small plane crashing into one of the World Trade Center towers.  We knew for sure something was up when a 2nd plane crashed into it.  I recall seeing from our office windows a military fighter jet guiding a commercial flight into O’Hare airport.  We were let go early and we all watched the remainder of the day’s sad activities from our homes.

Well, today is my Chicago Bears 1st game of the new NFL season, at the Houston Texans.  The team has undergone a lot of changes and a few new pieces haven’t had much time to practice together.  I think we should be a better team this year although it might take a few games to get coordinated and by then there could be some serious injuries.

In the 2nd half I started munching on the bag of salted-in-the-shell peanuts my son brought me from the States.  The Bears lost to the Texans 23-14.
I think I mentioned I subscribed to Chess.com’s Gold plan for $5 a month; it allows me to practice 25 tactics and take 5 lessons each day.

Teresa and I started watching Kill Bill Vol. 1 (8.1) on Netflix.

I received an email from my son that he had arrived safely in Fort Lauderdale.

T-shirt of the day: Smoke weed.

No comments:

Post a Comment