Thursday, September 29, 2016

Wednesday, September 28th, 2016

Today is my brother’s 64th birthday.  Happy birthday Jim!

Teresa and Laura left for the gym just before 10am and I just a few minutes after.  I did my 18 minutes on the treadmill and most of the weight machines on my list.  I left at 11:30 so as to have enough time for shower, cool down, and lunch.

I think Teresa forgot about my meeting Dario today but she returned at 12:30 – still in time for lunch.

Today I paid for the integrado fee so I received a cardboard ticket for the metro.  I figured I saved something like 1,500 pesos (50 cents).  Maybe that’s why so many people wait in line at the ticket booth – to buy an integrado ticket.

At Dario’s store I asked him how old he is now and he said 79.  I hope I look that good at his age.  He informed me he was going to win 2 games today and I just said “good luck”.

I had the black pieces first and I soon had a good attack against his uncastled king and he resigned.  The second game was much closer and I was ahead in material in the endgame but he lost on time.  Better luck next week.

Surprise, surprise!  I got an email from my old Filipino chess playing friend from when I worked at Sears years ago – Ruben Reyes.  He’s living in Hawaii.

Teresa said she saw Martha who returned 150mil of the 300mil she owes me.  She said something about her brother died and she would have the rest for me in a couple more weeks.


T-shirt of the day: Your pretty face is going to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment