Friday, September 23, 2016

Thursday, September 22nd, 2016

After breakfast Teresa and I made a trip to Exito.  After we had picked up everything and put it in our cart she asked if I was hungry.  I said yes so we stopped at their cafeteria where I had salad, white rice, and ribs with an iced tea.  The salad would have been better with some dressing but everything else was very tasty.  Teresa didn’t have anything so I guess she wasn’t hungry.

Back at the apt I told her I was going to go to MBE in Medellin to pick up my documents while she made lunch for her and Laura. 

At MBE they had both my new debit card with a chip and my September issue of Chess Life magazine.                                                                                                                  
I caught the Sabaneta bus but got off across the street from Krispy Kreme and decided to take a look at the new Starbucks Coffee store.  It looked the same as I recall in the US – people working on their laptops at tables using wifi, people sitting in comfortable easy chairs, and others standing in line to order coffee.  I saw a display case with pastries and was excited to see carrot cake with what may be cream cheese frosting; I’ll be coming back to try that.  In Krispy Kreme I ordered a Boston cream and a café con leche.  The worker asked me if I’m from the US.  I said yes and she asked me if I would rather have more coffee than cream and I said yes.  I caught another Sabaneta bus and was back at the apt before 2:30.

Teresa had made chicken vegetable soup for her mother and we carried a large pot down to her apt.  I saw about 8 large boxes in the living room that I was told arrived from her mother a couple months ago; it turned out she didn’t travel with 3 or 4 suitcases after all.  She arrived a few minutes later; a petite woman of about 80 that looks younger and has a lot of energy.
She gave Laura a Samsung tablet as a gift and was she happy.  She gave Teresa a purse and a variety of costume jewelry rings, earrings and bracelets.  At one point she showed me her hearing aids that she uses.
Teresa’s mom, hereafter known as mother Teresa, because they have the same name and, well, you know, wants me to help her get an appointment for the US Embassy in Bogota.  It appears she has to go there in order to get her SS transferred to a bank in Colombia.

When we left I guess Teresa didn’t want to make dinner so we walked to Waffelera where we all had Belgium waffles – with strawberries, bananas, maple syrup and vanilla ice cream for me; and with chicken and cheese for the ladies.  They each ordered a juice and I ordered a café con leche and asked if possible could I have more coffee than cream.  She actually went across the street where picked up coffee for me.

While there we received a call from Wilson.  He was locked out of the apartment because his mother set the thumb screw lock and went to bed without her hearing aids.  Teresa told me she specifically asked her mother not to do that.  Lol.

Everything was very tasty and the entire bill came to 39,300 (about $14) and I told the waitress she could keep the change.  Teresa suggested I get a Belgium waffle maker but then what do I do with my old one?

I watched some of the Patriots vs Texans football game on my Slingbox but had to disconnect and reconnect several times.


T-shirt of the day: Salt, lime and tequila.

1 comment:

  1. Here in Europe where I live, in a capital, we dont have Krispy Kream, Dunkin Donuts, etc. Starbucks (not that I like it) arrived just few years ago. There are many intermational franchises that even Colombia has that we dont.

    ReplyDelete