Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Tuesday, September 13th, 2016



Teresa wanted to go to Mayorista de Medellin again to buy fruits and vegetables.  I had set the alarm for 7am and of course as soon as it went off she begged to sleep some more.  I couldn’t get back to sleep so I got up at 7:30 and Teresa followed soon after.  We left the apt about 8:30.  I remembered how inexpensive it was last time so I didn’t bring my debit card and I didn’t bring any large bills.  As soon as we got there, instead of checking in with the individual vendors like last time, Teresa heads into a Euro grocery store.  Uh-oh!  I informed her I only had 160,000 pesos with me in small bills.  We got most of the things she wanted, however.  It cost 7,000 pesos to get there by taxi and 8,000 to return.  Compare that to if we shopped at Exito we would have taken a taxi back for 5,000 pesos so we have to consider we spent an extra 10,000 pesos just for transportation.  It was probably still worth it.

Teresa left the apt with Laura about 2pm to go to El Poblado to show a woman how to make meat rolls.

I studied more chess tactics and played more 10 minutes games getting my rating over 1100.

Teresa finally came back at 8:15.

That was interesting.  It was about 9pm and I was lying on the couch when I felt someone shake it.  I looked to the right and saw Teresa sitting in the rocking chair.  I called out “Laura” thinking she was behind me but she came out of her bedroom and said she felt it also.  (Come to think of it, it’s a big couch made of hard wood that I know I couldn’t shake.)  I checked my Earthquake app but it didn’t show anything that occurred locally.  I checked again just before I went to bed (about 10:30) and it showed that at 8:58pm, 91 miles NW of us a 6.0 tremor occurred 11 miles deep inside the earth.  

T-shirt of the day: Mutt strut.

4 comments:

  1. Great post I have a good message for the commands, It's really helpful for this share the fruits and vegetables. Also great with all of the information and we have the Keep up the good works you are doing well.


    Dentistree in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´m surprised you haven´t felt more. Perhaps in Medellín you don´t get a many as in Cali.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´m surprised you haven´t felt more. Perhaps in Medellín you don´t get a many as in Cali.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe Ecuador gets more tremors than Colombia and Cali, while in Colombia, is close to Ecuador.

    ReplyDelete