Monday, September 26, 2016

Saturday, September 24th, 2016

I slept in until about 9am.

The Colombian Peso closed at 2,919 to the Dollar.

I went through MT’s documents and found 2 with her name on it from the IRS but they had different SS numbers.  Huh?  I also found a short letter from a Maria Teresa McCaffrey stating that MT lived in her house and was welcome there for as long as she wanted.  Laura found her phone number so I called her using my magicJack.  I learned that MT had both an old SS number and a new SS number so I guess I can tell which is which based on the dates on the IRS documents.  Maria said that MT would go to the SS office and take care of all the government requirements herself including her citizenship and that all she is aware of that she needs from SS is she has to cancel her Medicare which will save her something like $100 a month.  I mentioned she also needs to change her address from NJ to Envigado, Colombia.  (I’m hoping we can take care of most of that with a call to SS in the US.)  Maria’s mother wants to talk to MT so we’ll probably call back tomorrow.  She also needs a local bank account to have her SS payments sent to.

I received an email from International Living (the magazine) inviting me to join their tour to explore Colombia.  Lol.

The ladies left about 3:15 and I took a 45 minute nap.


T-shirt of the day: Black Sabbath.

No comments:

Post a Comment