Friday, September 2, 2016

Thursday, September 1st, 2016



For the first time since we’ve been in Envigado I saw a hummingbird visiting the flowers on the tree outside our apt.

Well, its time to pay for the apartment rent and my health insurance.  At the bank I waited in line for 30 minutes to pay everything but it only took the guard 5 minutes to tell me to turn off my Nook.

On the bus ride to Poblado I noticed the Hardrock Café was closing because people were carrying boxes out and there were things piled up on the sidewalk outside.  Across the street I saw there is now a Starbucks Coffee located right next to Krispy Kreme.  

I exited the bus at Calle 7 and walked up the hill I walked up so many times before to get to the Flip Flop Sandwich Shop.  I arrived at the hostel and we packed up all the things I had asked him to bring me from America: a bag of Fritos Original Corn Chips, a package of 3 caramel apples, a large package of roasted, salted peanuts, a package of light sleeveless t-shirts, an ear cleaner tool and a sleep mask.  He also brought me a box of pecan delight chocolates as a gift from his mom.
Ear cleaning tool

While waiting for a taxi I picked up a business card advertising a Paintball Tour for 150,000 pesos.

Back at the apt we all walked down to the garage restaurant.  Unfortunately, today’s meal of the day was beef.  Teresa said, “isn’t this delicious?” and I replied “mas or menos” (more or less).  I didn’t finish mine and neither did Jim.

We walked back to the apt and then caught a taxi to Santefe mall.  While Teresa and Laura exchanged things Jim and I walked a long block to Krispy Kreme.  There was no line today although I noticed that Starbucks was very busy.  Laura said she wanted a New York donut and I found they have a New York Cheesecake so I ordered half a dozen donuts including 3 of those.  Jim got a cruller and tinto and I also had a café con leche and we sat down for awhile.  Another gringo came in and sat down at the next table.  His t-shirt said Athens on it so I asked him if he’s been there.  We got to talking and he has been traveling all over Europe and Central America and now he’s going through South America and soon he’ll check out Asia.  An interesting guy!

We stopped across the street at Office Depot where I picked up another package of 5 hanging file folders for my records box.

Back at Santafe Jim decided to look around the mall himself while I ran into the ladies coming out of Zara.  They went next door to Stradivarius while I sat down to wait for everyone.  While sitting there I saw a blonde woman go into Zara with the largest butt implants I’ve ever seen.  Not attractive!
The ladies came back – they found a birthday present for Laura – shoes and a blouse.  When Jim came back we went downstairs and caught a taxi back to the apt.

We finished off the donuts and they started watching the Bears vs Cleveland Browns game using the Slingbox in Jim’s apartment.  At 8pm we switched to the program Teresa always watches.  Jim and Laura shared a taxi back to El Poblado – Jim to his hostel and Laura to go dancing.

I finished watching the game on my laptop and the Bears finally won one 21-7.

T-shirt of the day: See you at midnight.

6 comments:

  1. Coud you please post a pic of the ear cleaner tool? Thanks. Also, my mum (in Valle) pays her bills through the bank, can you do the same? So you dont have to queue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already threw away the box for the ear cleaning tool but I took a photo of it and will post it soon. I don't have an account with a Colombian bank. If I did I still don't know how I could xfer dollars to the Colombian bank. They do have a new machine that takes cash; I used it last month but forgot about it this month. Next month I'll try to get Laura to come with me to help with the translation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added the photo today. It's an inexpensive ear cleaner that you should be able to get from Walgreen's or CVS.,

      Delete
    2. I forgot to mention where. It's my September 1st, 2016 posting.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Terry. I´m in Europe but im sure I can find it here thanks! By the way hows the story about Laura and your son going? Last time he was here she was in love (?).

      Delete
    4. I think she's calmed down a bit. I think it may have been her first exposure to a young, attractive (gringo) man. She'll find someone in time but there's no hurry.

      Delete