Thursday, September 22, 2016

Wednesday, September 21st, 2016

I left the apt just before 10am in order to have time for my workout, lunch, and to be at Dario’s store by 2pm.

I got my usual treadmill and did my 17 minutes at speed 6.  It looked like a couple young ladies were checking out the health club so maybe there will be some new blood soon.  All told it took me an hour and 40 minutes for everything.

I left the health club at 11:40, took my shower, had lunch and left the apt at 1:15.  When I got on the bus I gave the driver 5mil and he asked me if I wanted an “integrado” as he held up one of the cardboard tickets they use on the metro.  I said “no” but I soon figured out I can save a few pesos if I buy an integrado bus ticket for 2,500 instead of paying 1,800 for the bus and another 2,250 or so for the metro.  At least it should work one way.

I arrived at Dario’s store a couple minutes before 2pm.  The first game I had the black pieces and he tried his usual pawn storm without castling but I stopped him in his tracks and at one point made a pawn move that had multiple threats behind it and I soon won.  Today was his birthday – 80 something? – and they had a little cake that he shared with me and the employees.  The 2nd game he quickly deviated from his previous opening moves but I prevented him from castling, blocked his bishop with his pawns, posted a knight in the center of the board with multiple threats and he soon resigned.  I think maybe my studies are paying off.

When I left the store it was raining.  I stopped at the mall to use the restroom.  As I walked from the urinal to the sink one of those security truck (I forget the exact term in English) guards came in carrying his shotgun with a bandolier of shotgun shells.  I purposely walked past the Davivienda bank where I saw his partner standing with his revolver at his side waiting for him.  They had locked the bank in the meantime.
I was back at the apt by 4:45.

Teresa’s mother returns from NJ tomorrow afternoon.  I understand Wilson is going to meet her at the airport and we discussed joining them but she is supposed to have 3-4 suitcases and I’m sure there wouldn’t be room for all of us in the taxi.

We watched Hot Girls Wanted (6.2) on Netflix.


T-shirt of the day: Vinyl rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment