Saturday, July 29, 2017

Friday, July 28, 2017

Last night I took my sleeping pill and a cannabis drop and we went to bed at 10:30.  I fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking up at 7am and getting up at 7:30.  Thus my eyes feel pretty good this morning.

I watched the first 30 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  Andres was there and he asked me if I’m taking any special vitamins for my workouts.  I told him we’re taking protein powder with water after every workout.  He told me if I go to a mall “sounding something like oiste” near the Stadium and go up to the 2nd floor to a store named Tu Protein I could get it less expensively.  I told Jose a joke and found that he saw the new movie Dunkirk yesterday with some friends.  (I think Teresa, Laura and I will see it on Sunday.)

On my way back to the apt I looked for a Q’Hubo newspaper at the usual stand but was told to come back after 1pm.

I wanted to upgrade our Direct TV package from Gold to Platinum as there’s often nothing on TV to watch.  I went to their website – DirecTV.com.co – and they had a chat option.   I entered my name, my email address and my telephone number.  After a couple minutes I was connected to Claudia.  I asked if anyone there spoke English and was told no.  A couple minutes later my cell phone rang.  I understood it was a woman from Direct TV.  I asked her if she spoke English and was told no.  I asked her to wait a minute and I gave the phone to Laura.  At first they offered us 2 decoder boxes and a recorder for about 254mil a month which I quickly declined.  They were able to switch us from Gold to Platinum immediately.  I understand we now have something like 6 HBO channels and 6 Fox channels.  I have to pay 195,348 for August and then the following months its 181,800 (about $60).

At 2:30 I dressed and walked back downtown where I bought today’s Q’Hubo and stopped for a couple bags of milk at the corner store on my way home.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power (5.0) and maybe Atomic Blonde (7.2).

Locally, Dunkirk (8.6) is playing at Oviedo at 5pm, 7pm, and 8pm, Santafe at 2pm, 4:20pm, and 6:50pm, El Tesoro (premier room) at 3:45 and 6:55.  War for the Planet of the Apes (8.0) is playing at Oviedo at 4:50pm, Santafe at 6:25, and El Tesoro at 2:15, 3pm, and 5:45pm.

I spent an hour on Chess Magnet School and was promoted to Marshall (#12/21).

T-shirt of the day: I dare someone to kidnap me…as soon as the meds wear off they’ll pay me to leave

No comments:

Post a Comment