Monday, July 10, 2017

Sunday, July 9, 2017

So last night I put one drop of the cannabis oil under my tongue.  It didn’t taste good, kind of like medicine from the old days.  It took me about an hour to fall asleep but the good news is I didn’t wake up until 6am.  Wow, was that nice!  I’m not sure how much of that is the cannabis oil and how much is the lack of the ½ glass of water I usually drink with my sleeping pill.

One of my readers named Paul informed me that:
In spanish the word 'limón' is used to mean both lemons and limes.

I learned in Costa Rica by asking a barman what the name of the green lime wedge (the sort we gringos are used to) on the lip of my drink's glass was. He said they call that 'limón de Mesina'. (The 'limón de Mesina' tastes like those green Persian limes we are familiar with here in the US.) I had no problem asking for limes in CR after that.
If you want a yellow lemon I am thinking that you will probably have to ask for a 'limón amarillo'.
BTW, the word 'lima' in spanish means file, like a nail file (lima para uñas).

MT arrived at 9am, we left the apt at 9:15, quickly caught a taxi and were at Mall Laureles by 9:35.  The van left right at 10am, we made our usual stop at the restaurant where I had calentao and we were at the resort just before noon.  The whole downtown block is still under construction.

I swam in the pool a couple times, dried myself in a lounge chair on both sides for 5 minutes.  Later I found I had gotten a slight burn on my shoulders.  In the main I just kept to the shade as usual reading my Nook and playing a little chess on my cell phone.

We had a very nice lunch of cream of chicken soup, salad, candied plantain, chicken breast, rice, glass of fresh juice and a little dessert.

The van left the resort at 6:45, made a stop back at the restaurant and we were back at Mall Laureles by 9pm.  We quickly caught a tax, dropped MT off a block from her apartment and were back at the apt by 9:30.

Wow!  My eyes didn’t feel tired all day.  They still feel fresher than they have felt in days.


T-shirt of the day: Men have feelings too.  For example, sometimes, we feel hungry.  Now go make me a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment