Monday, July 3, 2017

Sunday, July 2, 2017

I slept well last night only getting up once about 5am.  I woke/got up at 8:30.

It’s a slightly overcast morning thus far.

The three of us left the apt at 10:45 and quickly caught a taxi to Santafe. 

Teresa and Laura spent over 90 minutes in Zara looking at clothes while I waited outside reading my Nook.

This is the atrium below - every 3 months or so they have something different for children.



When she finally came out I told her I was hungry and we all went up to Parmessano for lunch.  Teresa had salmon, Laura had a mushroom something and I had a chicken Cesar Salad.  We each had a fresh juice and the total including tax and tip was 110,452 (about $36).

Back at Zara Teresa finally picked out a blouse and pants and after waiting in line she exchanged one of her blouses from yesterday and I charged an extra 119,100 to my debit card.

She said she wanted to shop some more so I told her I’d wait for her 2 levels down at Starbucks.  She gave me the bag with her clothes which I accepted so she would have her hands free.  Laura went with her.

Downstairs I ordered my usual small vanilla latte.  When I told the young man my name he said “like Terry Bear”.  I said “you’re thinking of Teddy Bear” which is similar but different.  I was glad to have my hot latte as there was a very cool breeze coming in the large open entrance that fronts Starbucks.  This time I sat off to the side behind a pillar to help block the breeze.  Teresa showed up a little later and pointed out Laura sitting a little further away on one of the comfortable sofas.  I followed Teresa over, handed her the bag and sat down.  I think everyone was tired by now – especially them because they were on their feet the whole time.

After I had finished my latte I asked if they were ready to go.  We got up and went up 2 levels where we quickly caught a taxi.  No sooner did the taxi turn the corner when Teresa asked about her bag of clothes.  I told her I gave it to her.  What, she left it on the chair and nobody noticed?  She told me I should have watched her or told her to put it in her purse.  I told her that’s not my job.  With all the one way streets it took the taxi driver 5 minutes to get us back to the entrance.  I paid the taxi driver the 5,000 pesos minimum and Laura ran in but came back a few minutes later empty handed.  So, we’re out approximately $40 worth of clothes.

To add insult to injury when we got back to the apt I found that again I was charged USD on my debit card instead of COP.  So, that gave me a COP/USD exchange rate of only 2,923 when it should have been 3,039.  For this purchase that’s a difference of $1.50.  And I know I specifically told the cashier Pesos not Dollars.

Back at the apt Teresa told me that Gloria, the woman she used to hang out with at the previous gym, invited her to a conference about Alzheimer’s next Wednesday from 4-8pm.  I think Laura and I will take advantage of this opportunity and go to Papa John’s for pizza.

Late in the evening we heard music coming from the park so we weren’t in any big hurry to try to go to sleep.


T-shirt of the day: Good things come to those who wait. Go out and earn them.

No comments:

Post a Comment