Monday, July 24, 2017

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Last night I took a 2mg sleeping pill but forgot to take my drops.  I fell asleep relatively quickly, got up only once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 9am.

Teresa’s friend Gloria told her about some new park – Parque de Uva – near El Tesoro but Teresa doesn’t know if they sell food so she’s been trying to get in touch with Gloria.  Btw, “uva” means “grape”.

I took a nap from 10:20 to 11:30.

Gloria finally returned her call and we found out they don’t have food so Teresa called Frisby and placed an order to go.

MT arrived at 12:45pm, the food arrived at 1:00 and Teresa took out a piece of chicken and the cup of potato salad for Laura…who has to stay behind and study.

We stopped in Exito where the ladies bought drinks to go with the chicken.  We quickly caught a taxi who knew how to get to El Tesoro mall but wasn’t familiar with Parque de Uva.  Outside the mall the driver asked a couple different people for directions.  I was correct that it was on the other side of the mall.  I recall construction workers being there for quite some time – maybe the last couple years.  I thought it was just an overlook because all you can see from the road is a small parking area.  The driver dropped us off – 12,000 pesos – and we walked to the first shady spot and Teresa set up a sheet for a blanket. 

We sat down and quickly polished off the chicken and drinks.  We had to reposition the sheet once to stay in the shade.  Vicky, Daniela and her baby, and Laura finally arrived at 4pm.  At one point I was reading my Nook and sat up to switch position a little just in time to see Daniela pop a boob into the baby’s mouth.  Nobody blinked an eye but I quickly laid back down.

I took a walk down the concrete path and was very surprised by how large the park was.  They built a lot of entertainments for children around 2 large water tanks.

The park closes at 6pm so we walked across the street to the mall where the ladies spent some time looking for a wedding dress for Laura.  (There is no restaurant in the park but I noticed a hamburger restaurant a short walk away.)

We stopped in Mimo’s where I treated Teresa, Laura and Daniela to fancy ice cream confections for 29,300 pesos (about $10).

Daniela drove us all back to MT’s apartment (asking for directions a couple times on the way) and Teresa and I walked up the hill to the apt.  We were back by 8:45.


T-shirt of the day: Fart when people hug you.  It makes them feel strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment