Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Monday, July 3, 2017

Today’s another holiday so it’s very quiet outside and so far it’s a hazy morning.  Yesterday turned out to be sunny without getting hot – I loved it.

I looked online and saw that on Friday another “document” passed through my MBE mailbox in Miami.  Maybe this is my July Chess Life magazine.

I watched the beginning of the Today show and then left for the gym.  Streets were very quiet because of the holiday, at least until I got closer to the park.  They have a main street closed off for Ciclovia and there was an exercise class going on to music in Parque Envigado.

At the gym I did my exercises in 90 minutes.  I skipped most of the lower body exercises but have decided to bring them back one at a time over the next couple weeks.  I didn’t see Jose (or Jeison) so no joke of the day for him.

I receive a lot of emails with photos from Alex; he seems to be fitting in well with the Colombians and is enjoying life here.
Teresa was a little late with lunch and I left the apt at 1:30 for a 2:10 movie at Mayorca.  (Teresa was going to be picked up by Gloria and taken to her house somewhere in Envigado.)  I didn’t see a taxi so I walked up to Avenida Poblado.  When the stoplight changed to red a bus stopped right in front of me with a taxi next to it.  Four people in front of me asked the taxi driver if he was free but for some reason he didn’t pick them up.  Then I noticed the word “Mayorca” in the window of the bus.  I got on and for 1,900 pesos I was soon at the mall.

When I got up to the theatre I saw a long line to get tickets.  It reminded me of the lines at Disney World.  I forgot it was a holiday.  It was about 1:40 and I figured the movie itself wouldn’t start until about 2:30 so I was pretty sure I would have enough time.  And I saw a lot of kids with parents so I figured them for a children’s movie.  I bought my ticket for 7,500 pesos and a large popcorn and large soda for another 17,800.  (I never finished that huge popcorn.)

I was pretty sure my ticket said seat J-11 and I said it to the ticket taker and he repeated it in English.  I entered the theater and walked up the stairs.  I saw the J-row lights in the floor but the theater was very dark.  I moved in front of the first seat and tried to sit down and a man pushed me away.

I went back outside and showed my ticker to an usher and told him there’s a man in my seat.  The usher went back in with me and guided me to the seat behind the one I was trying to sit down on. 
The movie was pretty good although predictable and it was nice to see the “hero” fall for a woman that wasn’t gorgeous for a change.
After the movie I apologized to the guy in front of me and he switched to English which made it much easier for me to explain that I just couldn’t see.

I checked the directory on each floor of the mall looking for an Adidas store, hoping to buy a pair of workout gloves without having to return to El Tesoro.  No luck!

I quickly caught a taxi back to Parque Envigado for 6,000 pesos.  I stopped at the corner store and bought 2 bags of milk.

I was back at the apt by 5pm but no one else was there.

Teresa and Laura came back at 8pm with a small cake.  Teresa informed me that Gloria’s house is right behind Chicago’s pizza restaurant.  Apparently Gloria’s husband is friends with the owner.
I finished Michael Connelly’s A Darkness More than Night: Harry Bosch Series #7 & Terry McCaleb Series #2 and then started reading Proof of Heaven by Dr. Eben Alexander again.


T-shirt of the day: Not to get technical but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment