Friday, July 14, 2017

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Last night I took my drops at 10:30 and we went to bed at 10:45.  I think it took about an hour to fall asleep.  I woke up once at 4:45, and woke/got up at 8am so it wasn’t a bad night.

I watched the first 90 minutes of the Today show.

I left the apt at 1:20 for the 2:05 showing of The Circle playing at Oviedo.  When I got there I found it wasn’t playing there any longer so their website was incorrect in still listing it.  (It probably changed yesterday.)  They didn’t have anything else playing that I was interested in although I see Dunkirk, Planet of the Apes and something called Norman are all coming soon.

I took an elevator downstairs to Carulla to see if they had any lemons.  They had a display with a line of yellow/orangish things in front of a sign that said “limon de Tahiti”.  Hmm, maybe they’re some kind of foreign lemons?  I moved the lemons away from the sign and the lower half had a picture of green lemons so the signs weren’t in line with the product.  I did find a small bottle of what might be lemon juice or might be lime juice but I took a pass.

I stopped at their Citibank ATM and again I received all my bills in 20s.  Enough already!

I checked Cueva de Quesos but they didn’t have any bagels today.

I walked across the street to Santafe mall but they didn’t have anything good playing at their theater.  Downstairs I checked the Jumbo store but they didn’t have lemons.  I did pick up a Heinz Picnic Pack with bottles of ketchup, mustard and sweet relish.  I also picked up a 600ml bottle of Coke to have with my Fritos later.

I waited outside for 10-15 minutes for a Sabaneta bus that was standing room only.  Soon someone got up right next to me and I got their seat.  Traffic was heavy going through the construction area of Envigado.

I was back at the apt by 3:15.

I watched an episode of Mayday I hadn’t seen before and ate my bag of Fritos and drank the bottle of Coke.  Then I watched some of last night’s ESPYS.

I spent 30 minutes on Chess Magnet School puzzles and was promoted to Duke (#4/21).

I completed Unit 14 in Rosetta Stone.


T-shirt of the day: Light travels faster than sound.  That’s why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Terry,

    If you can bear another comment from me . . . .

    I am thinking that Limón de Tahiti could be a Tahitian Lime, which is also known in english as the Persian Lime. That's the same one I mentioned in an earlier comment (Limón de Mesina) to your blog.

    What I suspect may have happened to the ones you encountered is that the store, thinking that these were lemons, allowed these limes (limones = lemons in their mind) to ripen to yellow (not good, because ripening them makes limes turn bitter). There was a photo of green limes with them in the store that you mentioned.

    BTW, Persian Limes are a seedless hybrid (not a species) of citrus.

    OK — HTH

    Paul M.
    ==

    ReplyDelete