Saturday, July 1, 2017

Friday, June 30, 2017

I slept well only getting up once during the night.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  I picked up a free adn newspaper on my way.  At the gym I did most of my upper body exercises and a few of my lower body exercises in 90 minutes.  Jeison asked me about what Americans think of Colombia.  I told him that Pablo Escobar was a bad dude and because of that many people think Colombia is very dangerous.  I also said that now that I live here, my brother, my son, and some of his friends come to visit and then they go home and report to their friends that Colombia isn’t so dangerous after all.  I told him that things will get better in time.  After all, Chicago had a bad reputation for a long time because of Al Capone.  On my way back to the apt I picked up a copy of Q’Hubo newspaper for Chuck.

It rained for about 30 minutes from noon to 12:30.

Among new US movie releases, I would like to see 13 Minutes (7.0).  Locally, I would like to see The Circle (5.3) playing at Oviedo at 4:20pm, and Gifted (7.7) playing at Mayorca and Vizcaya at 2:10pm.

Interesting!  I was just asking Jim if he has to pay for plastic bags in the grocery store and he said “yes, 7 cents”.  About an hour later Teresa told me that it says in today’s newspaper that now we have to pay 20 pesos for small plastic bags.

Jim packed his bag and we left the apt at 2:30.  We quickly caught a taxi but we had to guide him a little to our destination.  It’s on Calle 10A on the same Carrera as Mondongo’s.

We arrived 10 minutes early for Jim’s 3pm appointment.  The apt owner showed up 5 minutes later and showed him the 2-step process for opening the front door.

He gave us a tour of his AirBnB apartment.  It was very nice, and $100 a night shared by 3 guys is pretty affordable.

I said goodbye and walked down to Avenida Poblado where I caught a Sabaneta bus after a 5 minute wait.  Traffic was slow as usual going up the Gold Mile.

In Envigado I stopped in Exito and picked up a few things.  Luckily, the line was short.  They have a sign up that the 20 peso bag program starts tomorrow.

I was back at the apt by 4:20 and at 4:40 it started raining but it ended 20 minutes later.

I did a little more editing of Alex’s new book and then relaxed watching some TV.


T-shirt of the day: Sometimes I question my sanity.  Occasionally, it replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment