Sunday, July 16, 2017

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Last night I took a 1 mg Isoklon sleeping pill (with minimal water) and 2 drops of cannabis oil 10 minutes before going to bed at 11:15.  I was hoping the former would help me get to sleep and the latter would help keep me asleep.

I fell asleep pretty quickly but I was awakened at 1am by a heavy downpour and again at 3am by a car alarm.  I finally woke/got up at 8:30am.

After my shower I went to the corner store for milk.

After breakfast I walked to the other side of the block where I bought a couple packages of chicken at Tienda D1 so Teresa can make chicken pasta for lunch.

I walked to $efecty where I paid the Une bill for July.  I noticed an arts & crafts flea market in the park.  I stopped at the paper store and had a copy made of our Panini Grill receipt.

Back at the apt I tried getting into Rosetta Stone but I received an “1141 Fatal Application Error” and it says I have to contact Customer Support.

For 30 minutes I solved puzzles on Chess Magnet School and was promoted to Guardian (#6/21).

I checked my tracking info and found my American Chess magazine was arrived yesterday morning in Miami.

Teresa and I left the apt at 3:50, waited 5 minutes for a taxi and were at El Tesoro theater by 4:15.  Today’s movie was in one of their premium theaters so it cost 71,200 (about $24). We went up to their top floor and, for a change, ordered off their menu.  I ordered a medium popcorn and large soda and Teresa ordered BBQ chicken legs and a medium soda for a total of 40,648 (about $14).  We got last aisle center seats and the movie started after only 10 minutes of coming attractions.  There were only 6 other people in the theater with 4 of them on either side of us.  Finally, the waiter brought our food.  Because it was a scary movie the theater was dark most of the time but I still managed to eat one of her chicken legs.  She told me she dropped something so I turned on my Nook and saw she dropped the BBQ sauce on her purse.  I turned it upright and we cleaned off her purse with the napkins they gave us.  The movie, Wish Upon, wasn’t very good which was probably why it was only rated 4.6.

After the movie we stopped at Todo en Arte where we went upstairs for the first time.  While Teresa was deciding which notebooks she wanted to pick up for Laura I took a look around.  I was surprised to find Scotch tape – first time I’ve seen it here in Medellin.  The tape in dispensers was ½” but the refills they had were ¾”.  Go figure!

I paid for 2 notebooks and a box of 48 colored pencils for 94,400 COP with my debit card and they gave me a receipt that showed it cost $32.24 in USD.  That figures out to 2,928 COP per USD.

Teresa found a couple dresses in Zara that cost 119,800 and I paid for it with my debit card.  (Back at the apt I found that I was debited $39.36 which corresponds to 3,044 COP per USD.)  I still haven’t figured out how/when they calculate it one way versus another.

We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt for 10,000 pesos.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 3,022 to the US Dollar.


T-shirt of the day: Sometimes I wish I were a nicer person.  But then I just laugh and continue my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment