Friday, July 28, 2017

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Lat night I fell asleep rather quickly, woke up once during the night, finally waking just before 6am and getting up at 6:15.

I received an email from Apple that my order has shipped.

I left the apt at 8:30, waited 5 minutes for a bus to arrive, 5 more minutes for it to leave but I was still at the medical center 25 minutes earlier than my appointment.  I stopped in Il Capuccino for a small cafĂ© con leche and couldn’t resist also buying a slice of fresh carrot cake they were selling for a total of 8,000 pesos ($2.75).

I still arrived at the Ophthalmologist’s office 5 minutes early.  After a 10 minute wait I was in her office.  I told her about the new prostate medication I’m taking, she checked my vision then dilated my pupils.  I waited out in the waiting room for another 10 minutes.  A woman sitting nearby asked what I was reading and I showed her my Nook.  She thought that was cool.  Back inside the doctor checked my pupils and informed me that the new prostate medicine I’m taking is disrupting her ability to dilate my pupils.  After another drop in each eye and I was back in the waiting room.  10 minutes later the doctor checked my eyes with one of those bright lamps and proclaimed that I was good for another year.  The charge was 185,000 which I had to pay in cash.

Thank goodness I had my sunglasses as now my eyes were very light sensitive.  I walked across Avenida Poblado and watched 2 Sabaneta buses pass me by because they were moving in an inside lane.  I wasn’t standing at an actual bus stop so I’m sure that had something to do with it.  Finally, traffic stopped from a red light and I walked into the intersection and got on the 3rd bus back to Envigado.

Back in town I stopped in Exito at Teresa’s request and bought a head of lettuce for 2,916 ($1).

Back at the apt I spent about 2 hours just lying in bed waiting for my vision to clear.

At 3pm Teresa and I left for our dental appointments. 

Teresa went first and I told the doctor several jokes.  As Doctor Rendon was finishing up with Teresa, his wife came in.  She’s also an Endodontist but works exclusively with children.  I told her a joke in English and then the only joke I know in Spanish.  She said her 8-year old son Manuel has recently been telling jokes.  I told her I’d send some to him by email – after I clean them up of course.
Then the doctor cleaned my teeth.  The charge for today’s cleaning was 310,000 pesos or 155,000 pesos apiece or $52.  The doctor said it’s time we start filling in some of the open space I have between my gums and my teeth so my next appointment is Tuesday, August 15th at 4pm.  It said it would only cost something like 120,000 pesos a visit.

We went into the main mall area where Teresa took a quick look at clothes in Zara and then returned a dress for store credit.

We had an early dinner in Crepes & Waffles.  We each ordered the Thai Chicken, ate 2/3 of it and got the rest to go for Laura.  I also had a coconut lemonade and Teresa a strawberry juice for a total of 53,500 including tip and tax (about $18).  Teresa told me her mother wants to go to this town and I now understand it’s to see some priest and its 8 hours away so it would definitely be an overnighter.

Teresa headed back to Zara to look for something she could use her store credit on and I sat outside.  I saw Mrs. Rendon come by with her kids but only the little girl noticed me sitting there.  She immediately went up to her mother and obviously told her I’m there as they all came back.  We talked briefly and I told her son Manual a quick joke.

Teresa bought a pair of sexy, blue, high heel shoes.  Afterwards she told me that when the salesman wasn’t working she switched shoes and she has one in a 37 and the other in a 35.

We waited in line for about 10 minutes for a taxi.

So yesterday I ordered an Apple iPod Shuffle and today I read that effective immediately Apple will no longer sell the iPod Shuffle or Nano.  Boy did I get that purchase in just under the wire!

MT stopped by and Teresa told me that her mother changed her mind and no longer wants to go see the priest that’s 8 hours away.  I told her i would go with them - I understand it will be MT, Teresa, myself and Wilson.

Despite losing my internet connection several times, I spent an hour on Chess Magnet School and was promoted to Warden (#11/21).


T-shirt of the day: With a shirt this awesome who needs pants?

No comments:

Post a Comment