Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Last night I took my 2 sleeping pills and drops but it still took about 3 hours to fall asleep.  We went to bed last night at 10pm but when I did finally fall asleep (1:30am?) at least I didn’t wake up until 7am.

The pavement outside is a little wet but I don’t know if we got a little rain or a street sweeper came by recently.

At 7:30 I had a small bowl of cereal.  I also took a single whole Excedrin to fight off the tired feeling.  It helps a lot.

I found about half a dozen bites on my lower legs.  Obviously some no-see-ums go me at the park last Sunday.  Teresa said next time I should wear pants but I think I’d rather just put on some insect repellant.

I see my 2 documents are still “in transit” at MBE.


I watched the first hour of the Today show then left the apt about 10:15. 

I quickly caught a bus to the metro and from there transferred at San Antonio and on to the Stadium.  I paid 77,000 pesos to play in the amateur tournament from August 3rd to the 7th.  The following 4 pages consists of the posted information for the upcoming tournament I found outside the chess league office.




(I understand I could also have paid into their account at Bancolombia.)  I walked past El Viejo y El Pancake which is closed on Tuesday.  At San Juan I checked out a bicycle and rode around the Stadium area.  I returned the bicycle and walked about 3 more blocks to Opera Pizza.  All their chairs were stacked on top of each other and a guy told me the restaurant is closed for cleaning.  What? 

I walked down to Piccolo’s where I had a Coke and spaghetti bolognesa (sp?) for about 30,000 pesos.  I walked back to the station and took it to San Antionio where I transferred to the regular line and got off at Poblado Station.  I walked up the hill to MBE where I picked up my American Chess Magazine.  I took a bus to Oviedo where I bought a package of sesame bagels for 7,900 pesos.  
I walked across the street to Santa Fe mall.  They always have something going on in their vestibule.  This is in honor of their upcoming flower fair.  The peacock is made of paper but everything you see on the ground floor is flowers.




and went up a couple floors to iShop.  

A local Apple store.

I found Andres there, the guy who speaks a little English.  I asked him if they sell the iPod.  He said yes and showed me an iPod Nano for 107,000 pesos – which sounded awful cheap to me.  Maybe it’s an older model. 
Cosechas - local juice franchise.

Always cold - ingredients are pre-frozen.

I stopped at Cosechas – the juice store – and ordered a medium cold mango, banana, and papaya juice with yogurt for 6,200 pesos.

I walked back across the street where I caught a bus to Envigado.  I made a quick stop at the corner store to buy a couple bags of milk.

A few minutes later Teresa and MT returned and the former gave me the bad news about the latter.  MT has a stomach tumor and should have her stomach removed.  It’s supposed to happen in the next couple weeks.

Because of that Teresa and MT want to take some bus ride Sunday 6 hours away so they can visit/pray with someone for a few hours and then return.  It sounds to me like the bus ride alone could kill her.  We’ll see how that develops.

I sent an email to Victoria/Nobraska at MBE asking if Apple iPod Shuffles are on their list of things I can’t order from the US.

From the back corner of the apt I’m having some internet connection problems so I wasn’t able to do my Chess Magnet School lesson for today.

T-shirt of the day: I speak my mind because it hurts to bite my tongue all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment