Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Monday, July 17, 2017

Last night at 10:30 I took a 2mg sleeping pill and 2 drops of cannabis oil under my tongue.  I slept pretty much through the night waking up briefly about 6am finally being awakened by Teresa at 8:30.

At the gym I saw a woman with an iPod and I asked her where she bought it.  I understood it was a present from her brother in Los Angeles but she said I could buy it here at Monterrey mall.  I did my exercises in 2 hours including 5 minutes on the treadmill at speed 4.  While telling my joke I introduced Ron to Jose and Oscar.

When I came out of the gym it was misting slightly but I still had to make a stop at the grocery store as Teresa asked for a head of lettuce.  I was in line for about 10 minutes in my sweaty workout clothes.

After lunch Teresa and I walked down the hill where we met MT. 
We walked to Avenida Poblado where we all got on a bus.  I was surprised to see the bus had one of those automatic card readers but I paid the 6,000 pesos in cash and MT refunded me 2,000 for her fare.  The bus drove 2 blocks and then turned.  I asked Teresa what was going on as I believe Teresa led us onto a Metro Bus without first checking the destination list on the windshield.  (When Teresa is distracted, talking to her mother for example, she misses things.)  Teresa talked briefly with the driver but I understood we weren’t going to get our money back.  We got off and walked back to the main street where we quickly were on a bus that had Monterrey listed on the window.

Teresa and MT got off a block from Stella Duran and I got off at Monterrey.  I started upstairs where all the stores are electronics and walked systematically around the floor.  I finally found a Mac store but it was only selling laptops.  I did ask at the counter and was told to go downstairs to La Clinica.  Since I was almost finished checking the whole floor anyway I kept on looking.  

Downstairs I finally found La Clinica – both of them – but neither of them had Apple iPods.  I did find regular mp3 players however.

Leaving the mall I noticed a long legged gringa just ahead of me with a large backpack.  She got caught after a traffic light change in the sun in the middle of the crossing while I stayed back in the shade waiting for a new signal change.  When we both got going again we both headed in the same direction although she was increasing her lead.  She did turn down the same street I did so I figured she might be headed to the hostel but she soon crossed the street and walked further on.

I stopped at the Casa Blanca Hostel and had a bottle of water and read some from my Nook but Teresa and MT soon came out. 

After a 5 minute wait of watching already occupied taxis pass us we finally caught one back to the apt.

Teresa went ahead into the building and I stopped at the corner store for milk.  (Better to buy it now then have her ask me later when I’ve already changed into my relaxing clothes.)

I spent the evening reading my email and news on my laptop and reading my Nook.


T-shirt of the day: I can’t go to hell.  Satan has a restraining order against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment