Monday, July 17, 2017

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Last night I took a 2mg sleeping pill, 2 drops of Cannabis oil and went to bed at 10:15.  I was awakened once at 2am by Teresa’s snoring got up once more around 4am, finally waking/getting up at 8:15.  My eyes feel real good.

It’s a mostly sunny day so we’re heading to Santafe de Antioquia – this time without Laura – who has to stay home and study.

MT came over and we left the apt at 9am, walked down the hill, and quickly caught a taxi to Mall Laureles.  We all had hot chocolate or coffee while we waited until 10am for our bus to leave.  There were several other people going so we had a full van but luckily I got to sit shotgun up front.  Here are a few photos I took on the way:




This is the toll booth before entering the 6-mile long tunnel:



We stopped at the usual restaurant – Parador Rancho Alegre - 


Of course there was a soccer game on TV.

where I had calentao and coffee but there was so much rice & beans I couldn’t finish it.

The town square in Santafe is still torn up and it looks like its weeks or months away from being finished.

At the resort – Hosteria de la Plaza Menor - 








Teresa was disappointed to see the secondary pool we usually use was occupied.  She also didn’t want to use the main pool but she did find a corner where she could get some sun.  I told her it’s best not to come on weekends then.

Today I mainly sat in the wifi area playing chess on chess.com on my cell phone.  A couple time I lost games I was winning just because I temporarily lost my internet connection.  Occasionally I would switch and read a little from my Nook book.

I finished Michael Connelly’s Blood Work: Terry McCaleb Series #1 and then downloaded his City of Bones: Harry Bosch Series #8.

We all left just before 7am and I was a little surprised we didn’t stop at the restaurant on the way back.  Maybe we would have got stuck sitting at the tunnel opening again.  It started raining lightly around the time we reached the tunnel.

Back at Mall Laureles Teresa and I shared a Frischuleta from Frisby and we got a FriSnack to go for Laura.

Outside Exito we quickly caught a taxi back to Envigado.


T-shirt of the day: Sarcasm is an art.  If it was a science I would have my PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment