Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy Independence Day!

Because of the cereal I had last night (actually it was the milk) and the cake (again the milk) I was up many times during the night to pee.

I watched the first half hour of the Today show and then left to do my errands.  I stopped at Citibank and withdrew some cash.  I went to Bancolombia to add another 50,000 pesos to our gym account but there was a line so I decided to come back later.  I stopped at the Gana store where I added 50mil to Teresa’s cell phone and 20mil to mine.  I went to $efecty where I paid the Direct TV and epm bills for the month.  I stopped in Todo Drogas where I bought my monthly prostate medicine.  I stopped at another Bancolombia but their machine was “afuera de servicio” or “out of service”.  I stopped briefly in the park where I saw a couple chess games underway.  I stopped back at Bancolombia but now both the machines were out of service.  I stopped in Exito and picked up a few things.  For the first time I used the GFS ecological grocery bag that my brother gave me from his last visit so I wouldn’t have to pay for a plastic bag.  I was back at the apt by 11.

Dario called and told Teresa he’s very busy and can’t play chess tomorrow.  He said he would call when he’s ready to continue play.

Teresa and I left the apt at 4:30, walked down to Avenida Las Vegas where we immediately caught a bus.  We got off a block from Stella Duran and she headed in and I went to the Casa Blanca Hostel.



I read some more of my Nook book.  At one point a street guy stopped at my table looking for change.  How did I know he was  a street person?  By sight and smell.  I recognized him from last time he panhandled from me so I tried to ignore him by pretending not to speak any Spanish.  The owner/manager was standing right next to him like she wanted to see how this was going to turn out.  
Finally, I understood all he was looking for was 200 pesos.  I gave it to him and he went inside with the owner/manager.  As he left I said “no gracias?” and he ignored me.  I asked the owner/manager what he bought and was told a lighter.  I hope it was for cooking dinner and not cigarettes.

Teresa came out early – at 6:15.  We caught a taxi to El Tesoro so she could shop for clothes sales.  (Here we go again!)  Traffic got heavy on Calle 10 and I was glad to see the taxi driver knew of a shortcut.  Teresa went into Zara and I went to Adidas to check out their exercise gloves.  I was trying on a pair when a salesman came up and informed me that those were for women.  No wonder they didn’t fit me.  I tried on a medium in men’s but it was too small and they didn’t have a large.  I asked the salesman and he told me there are other Adidas stores in Premium Plaza and San Diego malls.
Nighttime view - same location as the other day.

We had dinner again in J&C Delicious – this time I had their chicken teriyaki and I got the large size so I could take leftovers home for Laura.

Teresa found a pair of slacks and blouse at Zara.

We waited in line for about 10 minutes for a taxi back to the apt.


T-shirt of the day: I’m getting real tired of wearing pants and having responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment