Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Sunday, July 27th, 2014



Sunday morning I only had cold water to shower in.  Brrrr!  I understand there is a tank up the hill that catches rain water for them to use.  She told me it gets hot in the afternoon but I can’t wait until mid afternoon to take a shower.  She said in September we will stop at Home Center and buy a heater for the shower.  I’m sure it will be the suicide shower I’ve seen before.  There are already a couple electric wires above the open pipe that serves as their shower.

The dogs usually stay outside and that afternoon they alerted us to 2 young boys who arrived to visit with Laura (some local admirers I guess).  Teresa obviously didn’t want them to know I was there for some reason.

Teresa had told me she has 4 bedrooms but when I saw only 3 I thought maybe she had meant 4 beds.  Today she told me there is a large 4th bedroom in the loft above the living room.  I don’t know where she keeps the ladder but I stood on the armrest of the couch and was able to peer inside and in the darkness I could see she uses that space mainly for storage.  She did say she keeps it clean however.

I asked her what the address is here and she said there isn’t one.  She uses the address of her mother’s apartment in Envigado.

Sunday night we walked down to the main road at 6:30 and waited until 7am for one of the buses that would take me back to Envigado.  We were standing in the middle of an S curve and none would stop for us so we took a bus into Caldas where she stopped at a store and bought some food for us and the dogs and I picked up a real bag of popcorn.  We then waited about 30 minutes for a specific Caldas bus with a Salinas sign in the window.  I could see the Alcoholics Anonymous sign across the street so I knew we were at the regular bus stop.  At one point she said “lights” and ran upstairs and came back with her electric bill for 46mil.  I’m guessing that’s for one month.

Back at the finca we watched The Lucky One and then The Back-Up Plan.  She made popcorn on her stove but there were a lot of unpopped seeds left over.  I was surprised she didn’t shake the pot to get the unpopped seeds down to the heat source; or maybe she just used too many seeds.  I told her I would make popcorn for her next time she visits my apartment; then she will see that I have almost no seeds left over.

T-shirt of the day: Swing for the fences.

No comments:

Post a Comment