Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wednesday, July 9th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once at 12:30, again at 5:30 and finally woke/got up at 6:30.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava followed by an orange juice at Redd’s.

After my Spanish class I went back to the apartment.  I sent an email to USAA asking about my problem with out of the country purchases (my magicJack renewal) made to my debit card.

I exchanged emails with Teresa.  

I checked the local movie showtimes and found The Games Maker is only playing (during the day and with subtitles) at El Tesoro at 3:10.  I’ll probably go there tomorrow if nothing more interesting shows up.  In researching that I found that today’s Netherlands vs Argentina game is playing at Los Molinos at 3pm.

I left the apartment at 1:15 and while walking up the street to Los Molinos I observed a teenager on a bicycle stealing a ride from a large truck by holding onto the back.  You see that here every once in a while.

I purchased a ticket to today’s World Cup match for 5mil, got a haircut from Juan Royas for 22mil, and read from my Nook for ½ an hour.  I bought a small popcorn and medium Pepsi for 11,700 and entered the theatre.  There were probably another 2 dozen or so people there.

At halftime the score was tied at 0-0.  At the end of regulation it was still 0-0.  At the end of the 30 minutes of overtime it was still 0-0.  Argentina beat The Netherlands 4-2 in the shootout and advanced to the championship match against Germany next Sunday at 2pm.

On the way back to the apartment I ran into Juan, Pilar‘s son, in the building 3 buildings down from mine.

I had an answer from USAA but unfortunately they just confirmed I haven’t had any ATM withdrawals declined.  Sigh!  I replied that that wasn’t my problem and I tried to clarify it again.

I used my new card to purchase a new Nook book without any problems so at least I know that works.

T-shirt of the day: Make ideas happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment