Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sunday, July 13th, 2014



By the time Teresa and I got up, showered and dressed it was 9am.  Yesterday, Jhon recommended we have breakfast at his usual place on the corner of San Juan (Calle 44) and Avenida 80 but when we got there it was closed.  I’ll bet he’s never eaten there on Sunday.  We walked down to Likke’s and it too was closed.  So we went to El Comedor de Chava where I had my usual and Teresa had hot chocolate and an arepa with cheese.

At 1:45 we walked up to the end of the street, waited 15 minutes for a bus and finally hailed a taxi going by.  (I didn’t want Teresa to have to walk so far because she was in heels.)  So instead of paying 3,600 pesos for a bus I spent 4,500 for a taxi; not too bad.  We got there just after the match started but didn’t see Jhon.  I ordered 6 chicken wings and a Coke and Teresa ordered the Ceaser salad and a Guanabana juice.  I called Jhon and he was still at his apartment getting dressed.  

At the end of the first half it was 0-0 between Germany and Argentina.  Jhon finally arrived and ordered a chicken sandwich with fries and a Guanabana juice.  At the end of regulation it was 0-0; big surprise.  I was hoping the match wouldn’t be decided by a shootout and late in the game Germany finally scored and won 1-0.  My total bill came to 61,900 (about $31).

We took a taxi back to the apartment for 4mil.

I treated her to the strawberries I had bought and cleaned yesterday.  She picked out some clothes that she wants me to wear tomorrow; she wants to see me a little dressed up.

T-shirt of the day: Change is the only constant.

No comments:

Post a Comment