Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thursday, July 24th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:45, slept through the night, woke up at 5:45 and got up at 6:30.  Yah!

I received an email from Teresa; she didn’t reply to my email until 11:20 last night.  She can’t meet me for a movie today because she has a meeting at Laura’s school.  

She reminded me about meeting Laura at the Envigado Exito Saturday morning but she said something else about Saturday and Sunday I didn’t understand so I’m going to need Jhon’s help to make sure our plans haven’t changed.

I had a bowl of granola at home in order to do a little more studying.  (I admit to having difficulties conjugating the regular -AR, -ER, and -IR Spanish verbs in the past tense.  In fact sometimes I forget the present tense.)  At my Spanish lesson Jhon told me that Teresa wants to see “The Fault in our Stars” – maybe on Sunday.  The problem is that the movie has been out for a long time and I’m not sure it will be around for another week – in one of my easy to get to theatres and with Spanish subtitles.  (I probably should have been able to figure the title out myself from her Spanish Bajo la Misma Estrella, but I didn’t know which of her words represented the title.)

After Spanish class I had the chicken teriyaki at Sarku’s in Viva mall followed by a churro and Coke at Los Mejores for 2,400.  I left there about 1:35 at what was obviously their shift change.

I was back at the apartment by 1:45 as I thought Dario might show up for a game, but no.

My iPad allows me to look ahead a day (or sometimes more) for the 5 Cine Colombia theatres: Los Molinos, Oviedo, Santafé, Unicentro, and Vizcaya.  I see tomorrow Maléfica (7.4) is playing at Vizcaya at 1:55pm with Spanish subtitles.  And The Fault in our Stars is playing at Vizcaya at 6:20pm.  That means we wouldn’t get out of the theatre until about 8:30.  I’ll have to check with Teresa to see if that’s too late for her to get home.  It’s also possible they might have different start times on Sunday.

One other thing I have to be careful of is that some movies like Ida, with Spanish subtitles, is originally in Polish.

I took a short nap from 2:45 to 3:30.

I have a lot of little pieces of paper (notes) with Spanish words on them and I started going through them and adding them to my iPad, notebook or adding them as followup questions for Jhon.

Dinner was bowl of granola with banana slices; yes, I saved a couple slices for the hormigas (ants).

T-shirt of the day: Music is my heroin.

No comments:

Post a Comment