Friday, July 4, 2014

Friday, July 4th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up every 1 ½ - 2 hours, and finally woke/got up at 7am.

Happy Independence Day to everyone back in the States.

I checked the US movie releases this week and I would like to see America (6.6), Life Itself (7.9), and The Girl on the Train (7.3).

Locally, I would like to see The Games Maker and Maleficent, but because of the World Cup games today I’m not even going to try to find out where and when they are playing.

After my Spanish lesson I stopped briefly at the apartment and then left at 12:15 to see Teresa.  I was at her brother’s, Wilson, bar by 1:15 but it was closed.  I texted her that I was there, waited 5 minutes and then called her.  I understood she was at Wilson’t apartment and that I was to go there.  When I got there she gave me a glass of strawberry juice and I sat for a few minutes to cool down.  Wilson is off the crutches, at least in the apartment, and limping around.  Teresa asked if I was hungry and when I answered affirmatively, she sat me at their large kitchen table and gave me a large bowl of some kind of tasty soup, then salad similar to what she made for me at my apartment only with a tastier dressing, and a plate of about 7 ribs with rice.  It was all very tasty but I couldn’t quite finish it all.  We waited another hour for the match (they don’t call it a game) to start.  At halftime Colombia was down 1-0 to Brazil – the host country.  Talk about home field advantage with a stadium full of Brazilians screaming for your team.  We took advantage of the break to go for ice cream.  On the stairs, we exchanged “I love you’s”.  Awww!  I think she is a special lady.  

She got a coconut ice cream, I got arequipe and we got a bottle of water for Wilson.  The second half didn’t go much better and Colombia ended up losing in regulation 2-1.   (I heard a lot of “vamos” “let’s go” from Wilson near the end of the game.)  Teresa is going to meet me Sunday at the Viva bus stop at 10am and we’re going to spend the day together again.  I stayed a little longer and finally left about 5:30 and was back at the apartment by 6:30.  I could see lots of Colombians partying out by the streets – not only is it a World Cup match but it’s also the beginning of the weekend.

For dinner tonight I just plan to have a bowl of cereal, then study a little Spanish and watch a movie on Netflix.

T-shirt of the day: Freedom is a state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment