Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014



I forgot to mention yesterday that Olga showed me a long line of ants traipsing around the outside edges of my apartment wall.  She told me to put down a banana – I guess that will kill them.

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, woke up at 5:40 and got up at 6am.

For the first time, someone (Marcela) caught me using my jump rope downstairs.

I got an email from Linkedin - Maria requested to connect (or whatever you call it) with me.  I deleted the email.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  I had forgotten Lucas’ brother’s name so I asked him – it’s Andres (Spanish for Andrew) – that should be easy to remember.  Lol.

I gave Jhon 100mil for the week and he told me it was too much for just 3 days so I gave him 70mil.  He said he saw improvement today.

I left the apartment at 12:25 for my 1pm lunch appointment with Reina.  I figured we should be done by 2pm – too late for me to catch the 1:50 showing of Heaven is Real at Oviedo so my plan was to take a San Lucas Route 135 bus to MBE and:

1) If they have my vitamins then walk to my dentist’s office, pay the remainder of the bill for my root canal, and then take the vitamins back to the apartment.  

2) If they don’t have my vitamins, then walk to my dentist’s office, pay the remainder of the bill for my root canal, and then take a bus up to El Tesoro to see the 3:05 showing of Heaven is Real.

As it worked out, as soon as I got off the bus I saw Reina’s mother and sister and I said “No Reina?”  She said “no” so I gave her the envelope with the cash and then walked over to Avenida Oriental.  I actually walked 2 blocks too far south and had to back track a little to get to the bus stop.  

I took a San Lucas Route 135 bus to Oviedo and was 15 minutes early for the movie.  My ticket only cost me 4,500 and I was a little surprised to see 13 other people in the theatre with me.  There were 2 young ladies sitting a seat away from me.  When the movie started I touched the closest one on the arm and I asked her in English “Do you think you could live without using your cell phone for the next 90 minutes?”  I thought she turned it off and put it away but later I could see she just put it in her oversized purse and was still playing with it during the movie.

Afterwards I walked the couple blocks to my dentist’s building and took 500,000 pesos out using my USAA debit card.  It was a Citibank and, besides allowing me to withdraw so much, it was also nice that it gave it to me all in 20mil bills.  (Sometimes I feel bad buying something for 6mil and having to give them a 50mil bill.)  I went in the building to my dentist’s office and paid the 245mil remaining I owed him.  Then I walked down to MBE and paid my July payment of 30mil.  They gave me a letter from Sears and my vitamins which I had to pay another 31,500 for.

I was back at the apartment by 5:30 so I walked over to Pizza Americana and had my usual oregano pizza and Pepsi for 13mil.

Back at the apartment it looked like Citibank charged an extra 9,455 for my withdrawal (almost $5).  I’m going to have to check on this later to see if that actually was carried over to my account.

The letter from Sears was to notify me that there is a new company handling my pension plan starting July 1st, 2014. 

I got an email from Tagged - Maria requested to connect (or whatever you call it) with me.  I clicked “no, I am not her amigo” and deleted the email.
It took me about an hour to balance my Citibank monthly statement for June.  I don’t like the way they show the Foreign Transaction Fee.

T-shirt of the day: Do not pinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment