Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday, July 11th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night and woke/got up at 6:45am.

I checked the new US movie releases and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (8.9) and Boyhood (8.9) look interesting.

I checked the local movies playing this week and I can’t believe there isn’t anything I want to see that’s playing with subtitles and at a decent time.

For Teresa, Heaven is Real is playing at El Tesoro at 2:15 & 4:45 and Oviedo at 7pm.  She said she and her daughter Laura both read the book so I might take them to see the movie this week.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  While studying my Spanish I received a phone call from Teresa; she can’t meet until noon tomorrow.

I finished my Spanish lesson and back at the apartment I received another phone call from Teresa; now she can’t meet until 2pm tomorrow.

I took the Short Sale documents to the internet café and left them with the owner to be faxed.  I walked across the street to Paisa Pan where I had a coffee and 2 churros followed by an iced tea.  Back at the internet café 30 minutes later she told me it didn’t work and gave me the 2 Results pages with error messages.  She didn’t charge me anything for this week’s attempt but she did say something about scanner and email.  I emailed the lawyer and made a couple other suggestions: 1) I could photograph each page and email it; 2) I could explore mailing the pages using my MBE account.

I stopped at Jhon’s office on my way to LM and told him that Teresa won’t be here until 2pm tomorrow and she will probably want to go for lunch right away.  I also told him about my fax problem and he told me he has a scanner and we could scan the documents right away and email them to the lawyer.  I went back to the apartment and got the documents and his email address and returned to Jhon’s office.  

While we scanned the documents Jhon showed me a Facebook file he found that discussed upcoming projects in Medellin: a new 4 lane bridge in the north of the city, a green pathway along the river, a new tram from Buenas Aries on the east side to approximately this area in the west, and a water treatment plant.

I got a reply from the lawyer that I could FedEx the documents to him for about $40.  I replied I am going to scan and email them to him.
When we finished scanning all 28 pages we attached them as files and emailed them.  When I got back to the apartment I had a response from him that if I was going to scan them then I should save them as .pdf files instead of .jpg files.  Sigh!

I washed some underwear and hung them up to dry and that’s when I noticed what looks like a wasp (dead) on one of my pairs of underwear. 

I don’t know how he died nor why I didn’t get stung while rinsing and hanging them up.

About 5pm I walked over to Pizza Americana and had my usual pizza for 13mil.  A young waitress (30s) that has served me before arrived to work.  It was the first time I’ve seen her “out of uniform” and she has a nice set of knockers.  I gave her a nice smile as she recognized me.  She stopped at the entrance and spoke to someone there and a minute later a young man came out and asked me for my first name.  Could there be a connection?  I’m just probably being vain!  

BTW, waitresses here are referred to as “mesera” in nice restaurants and “niña” otherwise.  I was surprised to hear Teresa call them “reina”.  Since she was so concerned that I not see Reina anymore I’m trying to get her to not refer to waitresses that way.

And it looks like pineapple is the most popular pizza ingredient here.

I stopped at Exito to buy a few things and was surprised to see a new display of travel items – luggage tags, TSA locks, etc.  I’d better think seriously about that; I’m not sure where else I would look for something like that.

I bought a kilo of strawberries from the guy on the bridge.  I think it’s the first time I’ve bought them from him since I broke up with Beatriz.

Back at the apartment I noticed the “dead wasp” was stirring.  I carefully held the pair of underwear out the window and blew real hard and it disappeared.

T-shirt of the day: Rehab is for quitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment