Monday, July 7, 2014

Sunday, July 6th, 2014



Last night I got an email from Maria asking if I would like to meet one of her friends for a serious relationship.  I replied “no, thank you” and then deleted the email.  I also got a similar email from her through Tagged and I simply deleted it.

I went to bed at 10:30, got up several time during the night and finally woke/got up at 6:30.

I met Teresa at the bus stop at 10am.  She said she was starving so we went to El Comedor de Chava where we both had my usual breakfast.  Then we went back to my apartment.  

Later we shared the strawberries I bought yesterday covered with lechera.
About 5pm we took a Simon Bolivar bus to Wing Zone on Nutibara.  I had saved a sheet of coupons they had given me some weeks before.  Normally they don’t allow you to use more than one but they said because they weren’t busy they would allow us to use 2 of them.  Our first order was for 10 chicken wings with BBQ sauce, fries, and a large Coke for 13,900.  The second order was for a hamburger, fries and a large Coke also for 13,900 but the total bill came to 35,000.  Ah, I also had an extra Coke but it still looked like they added the 16% tax to the total where usually it is included in the original price.  Maybe we still have to pay the tax on the original price prior to using the coupons?  Anyway, all of that for $18 is still a pretty good deal but Teresa said it was too much food so we will probably take it easier next time.

We took the Simon Bolivar bus back to the apartment.  On the way she told me her daughter Laura called her and told her she doesn’t have school tomorrow so Teresa can stay overnight with me.  When we got off the bus she told me she would like to go to mass so I took her to the nearest church 2 blocks away.  It was about 6:40 and they were just finishing a service.  We waited until 7:30 when they had the next one which ended at 8pm.  She didn’t take communion because she said she didn’t take confession.  I guess she just wanted to attend the ceremony.

Tomorrow she wants to make me breakfast; she says eating out is too expensive since she can cook for me.

T-shirt of the day: Look at me now (worn by a young pregnant woman).

No comments:

Post a Comment