Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thursday, July 10th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava, studied some Spanish, bought a banana and stopped at the apartment.  I ate most of the banana and left a small piece for the ants.  (It seems they can’t digest the potassium.)  

After my Spanish class I caught a Circular Sur 302 bus exactly at noon and got off across from Monterrey CC.  This is the same area as the Poblado metro station and I think I’ll refer to it as that from now on.  I caught a Poblado 133 bus and got off at Vizcaya CC exactly at 12:50 when The Games Maker was supposed to begin.  I bought my ticket for 5mil, and the usual small popcorn for 7mil and medium soda for 4,700 from a young man that spoke English.  Luckily I only had to wait through one short for the main feature.  Unluckily there was audio but no video.  I went back to the lobby and talked to the young man and told him the problem.  I went back and after 2 attempts to continue it they finally started over and there was no problem after that.  But I didn‘t think the movie was very good.
I walked down to MBE and picked up my pension deposit receipt from Sears.  

In Parque Poblado, for the first time I saw a man with the word Mazamorra on his back.  I was never really sure how it was spelled.  Here is what I found on Wikipedia (translated from Spanish):
Particularly in Antioquia , Colombia , porridge is just very well boiled corn.  Their preparation is to boil the corn in water for several hours, which should be completely blank for your final presentation. To soften the grain is sufficiently better place to soak throughout the night before cooking. []
When boiled, you can add a pinch of baking soda. As corn thus prepared can be somewhat tasteless, can be important to combine it with other flavors, especially sweet as brown sugar and sugar . The Antiochian porridge is often accompanied with milk and served in large bowls.”
To me it just looks like corn niblets in milk and I don’t know what the attraction is.

Back at the apartment I spent about an hour chatting with magicJack and still don’t have a resolution to why my renewal attempt isn’t being accepted.  After speaking to an agent and then a senior agent it’s being kicked upstairs for further review.

T-shirt of the day: Only common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment