Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thursday, July 31st, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got back up immediately to take my Passiflora (Passion Flower) drops, had a little difficulty getting to sleep, got up once at 4:45, and woke/got up at 6:45.

I’m happy to see my Social Security deposit has already been made.

Planet of the Apes (8.3) is playing at Premium Plaza at 2:10 & Santafé at 1pm & 3:50.

I had breakfast at Los Mejores, orange juice at Redd’s, and then paid my monthly medical insurance premium at BanColombia.  There was only one other person ahead of me in the preferred line.  

I bought another container of Centrum Silver 50+ vitamins.  The cashier’s printer printed out some advertising to go with my receipt.  It says that tomorrow, August 1st, you get 4 things for every 2 you pay for on certain brands in the women’s department.  She wrote on the front that the sale starts at 7am with an extra 40% discount.  Also, that I should go to www.cuponmania.com and print out more coupons.  On the back she wrote “Lo debe imprimir por internet por que son muy buenos descuentos desde el 2 de agosto hasta el 18 de agosto.”  I understood everything but “debe” but Jhon told me it means “need to”.  (Actually “por que” means “why” and “porque” means “because” but this isn’t the first person I’ve seen write it incorrectly.  Maybe someday my Spanish will be better than the locals.  J Right!

I studied a bit at the Viva food court until my 10am Spanish lesson.
Afterwards, I left my vitamins and notebooks with Jhon, took a Circular Sur 302 bus and got off across from EAFIT University, walked up the hill and was at SantafĂ© 10 minutes early for Planet of the Apes (8.3).  The ticket cost me 5mil and small popcorn and medium soda came to the usual 11,700.  

The movie was pretty good.  There were only 3 others in the theatre although I did hear someone on his cell phone for a little while.

I took a bus back to Viva.  Because it was only 3:30 in the afternoon the bus wasn’t crowded (although I had to listen to some young guy entertaining us with his rap music) and traffic was still light.

I stopped in Viva and bought a container of orange juice and another couple packages of Wrigley’s Extra gum.  

I stopped at Jhon’s office to pick up my vitamins and I met Adriana.  She’s a Colombiana working in Washington D.C. who is here visiting her mother and taking a few English classes with Jhon.

Just staying in again tonight.

T-shirt of the day: Fall in love with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment