Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday, July 25th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up once at 4:15, and woke/got up at 6:30.

Among this week’s US movie releases is Hercules (6.9).  Someone described their opinion of the movie in 4 words: “Boring and utterly predictable.”  The following factual error was listed on Imdb.comZeus is the father of Heracles, not Hercules. Hercules is the Roman name and subsequently, Jupiter should be used. That said, the names of the men and gods, should also be changed to their Roman counterparts as the Roman story differs from the Greek.”.

Locally, That Awkward Moment (6.2) is playing at Los Molinos & Carrefour; The Fault in our Stars (8.3) is playing at Vizcaya at 6:20pm; Malefica (7.4) is playing at Vizcaya at 1:55pm; and Planet of the Apes (8.3) is playing at Premium Plaza & Santafe.

After Spanish class I had a small bowl of granola and at 12:40 caught a Circular 302 bus.  A Poblado bus let me off right in front of the MBE office where I paid 30mil ($15) for my August rental.  

I walked the remaining blocks to Vizcaya CC and panicked a little when I didn’t see Malefica listed on their marque but the ticket seller spoke English and he told me it’s playing there so I bought a ticket for 5mil.  Today I skipped the popcorn and only had a medium soda for 4,700.  There were only 3 other people in the theatre but it was a pretty good movie.  I still had some Pepsi left so I stopped on the street and bought an empanada for 1mil (50 cents) to finish it with.  

I was back in my apartment by 5pm where I had a small bowl of granola for dinner.  I’ll probably have a snack a little later on.

I finally remembered to turn my cell phone back on and found that Teresa had called me 30 minutes prior.  I called her and again she rattled something off in Spanish and I laughed and said “Español, Español!”  I told her to read my email and then I sent her one recommending that we see the movie The Fault in our Stars on Saturday night instead of Sunday night.

T-shirt of the day: Never stop dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment