Thursday, July 3, 2014

Thursday, July 3rd, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, woke up briefly at 5:50am, and woke/got up at 7:05.

I recharged my iPad overnight and when I checked it this morning the first thing I saw was a message from Apple to download an updated operating system.  I started the process but 30 minutes later it hadn’t finished and it looked like it was frozen and no longer progressing.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava followed by an orange juice at Redd’s.  I bought a banana from a guy off a cart on the way to Jhon’s office.

After my Spanish lesson Jhon went with me to the Mac Center in Viva where, after about 30 minutes, a guy there was able to get my iPad working again.  He said the problem was that I probably lost my Wi-Fi connection.  He did set me up so I could access their Wi-Fi so the next time I have to download an OS update I’ll probably do it sitting outside their store.  I went with Jhon to his usual lunch place where I had a small salad, beans, chicken, rice and juice for 6mil.

I stopped at the apartment where I ate most of the banana leaving a small piece in the path of the ants.  I picked up my documents and on the way to Mall Laureles I noticed that El Buton has a new sign Arte & Costura (Art & Sewing).  I bought a bottle of water for 2mil and then sat down and read all 28 pages of the legal documents, signing the appropriate pages.  On my way to the internet cafĂ© I saw a young boy wearing a Chicago Bears #6 Jay Cutler t-shirt.  It took about 20 minutes for them to successfully fax the pages for 28mil.

Back at the apartment I noticed the ants had found the banana and had it surrounded.  I’m not sure if it’s supposed to kill them or just distract them.  But then I found this on the internet: “Whenever I have a problem with ants, I use an organic method I learned about. I dry banana peels all year round and then I crush in my mortar and pestle. I imagine you could put some in the blender if necessary. The banana will turn dark brown or blackish and provide you with a nice powder if you have a means of turning it into a powder. The ants will carry it off as they do just about everything and take it to the nest. The nest will die out. You see, the banana is high in potassium and ants can't tolerate potassium. It will kill them. It's a safe method if you have pets and small children around. No need for pesticides and just put it around the house and doors and they won't give you any problems. I've done this for years and it works. I don't have ants anymore but I used to get them every year. Drove me nuts.”
Well, I’m not going to go to that much trouble; we’ll see if this approach works.

For dinner I just had a bowl of cereal and later some popcorn.

T-shirt of the day: Don’t play with my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment