Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Monday, July 28th, 2014



Monday afternoon Teresa and I started playing dominoes again and I won about 5 games in a row.  Then she decided she wanted to play for money – 1mil (50 cents) a game.  Interestingly, she started winning right after that.  She started chanting “mi plata, mi plata” – “my money, my money” - but it wasn’t too long before I started winning again.  It’s interesting how you can get streaky in that game.  I’m not sure how much is luck and how much is skill.  In the end she gave me all her 500peso and 1 mil coins for our piggy bank.

She says she has another type of game whose name sounded something like Parcheesi.  I googled it and found thatParqués is a Colombian variant”.

At 6:30 we walked back down to the main road.  On the way I realized I had left my cell phone in the finca but I wasn’t about to repeat that trip again.  We waited until 7pm when finally she got me in a private van.  They stopped at all the Medellin stations from La Estrella at the south end until they dropped me off at Aquacatala.  I easily caught a bus and was back at my apartment by 8:30.

T-shirt of the day: Good girls love bad boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment