Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday, July 20th, 2014



Today is Independence Day in Colombia.

We didn’t get up until 10am.  I’ve never known anyone who slept as much as she does.  But then I don’t have to get up at 4am during the week to get my daughter off to school.

We just had a bowl of granola for breakfast.  She cut back some of my plants and added more soil to some of the pots.  She says some of the plants need more air and sunlight so she helped me move some things around to make room for more plants.

At 2:30 Teresa called Pizza Americana and ordered lasagna to be delivered.  It cost 24mil and was delivered in 45 minutes.  We each ate most of our portions and then saved the rest for later.

I’ve recently discovered how to play music from iTunes radio so I played some Latin music for her.  She said she really likes Juan Luis Guerra so I did an iTunes search and played some samples of his music which she enjoyed.

At 5:45 we walked over to the church for mass.  It had already started and was over by 6:45.  We went back to the apartment and reheated (at least mine) and finished the lasagna.

I had bought a large bag of granola for her that was on sale at Exito.  We walked over to the corner store where she bought some dog food but they were out of milk so we walked up the street to the other store where she found it.  So now I’m carrying a big bag with granola, dog food, and milk.   
We caught a Circular Sur 302 bus at 7:30.  It was one of those where the top half of the windows are blacked out making it harder to recognize landmarks.  The aisle of the bus got very crowded so you couldn’t see through to the other side of the street.  Luckily a lot of people got off a stop before ours.  Near where we had to get off I stood up and tried to balance myself from the starts and stops of the bus and move towards the rear with only one hand to hold the overhead rail.  Luckily a couple others were getting off at the same place and pushed the button and Teresa had a good laugh at my expense the way I was trying to navigate myself to get us off the bus.

We’ve made plans for me to see her finca next Saturday.  I’m to meet Laura at the Envigado Exito at 10am and she will take me to the finca where we will have lunch.  Then Teresa will come with me back to my apartment where we will stay for the remainder of the weekend.

After getting her on her bus I caught a Circular Sur 303 for my way back.  For some reason traffic was very heavy and the driver turned down a side street and seemed like he went so far as to be near the river.  Then he cut north and back west and came out back on Avenida 80 on the north side of the airport where traffic was moving smoothly.  I’m glad that didn’t happen the first time I took that bus because I would have panicked.

There was a man on the bus continuously crossing himself while mumbling something.  I started counting and stopped when I got to 300 and he was still going.

I got back to the apartment at 8:45.

T-shirt of the day: I am free tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment